Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6l80e with tap shift no BCM

Quote Originally Posted by ntilley52 View Post
    afasts10, im not really looking for speedy shifts, mine is in a k5 blazer trail rig, its got double t cases 5.38s and plus the 4.0 in 1st trans, it crawls around pretty slow, I just dont want it shifting when im on a trail unless i need it to. And other than that, i leave it in regular drive for cruising around on the roads
    Mine is in a 72 Blazer as well. Small world. Also wanted tap shift to select gear and hold.

I haven't had any slow shifting issues that other people have. I think mine was taking about 1/3 of second between pushing the button and being in the next gear for upshifts. Down shifts are a bit slower.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
    Hi Guys, Ive got a Nissan Patrol here with LS3 and 6L80, using the Nissan TUTD shifter.
    It doesnt have the extra position after D like a Corvette has to pull it into Sports mode.
    It will only move sideways into the TUTD position.
    Did you get your TUTD to work ok. I have it enabled and hardwired in the Corvette calibration
    Is there a trick to this
    Any help appreciated

hello there
    i do have that same setup of your car!!

did get your shifter to work?

I?ve been facing a lot of problems after I installed this shifter kit.

i am using hptuner Ver 3.6 and different from the old one that my tuner is using..

Nissan Patrol 2005 with ESCALADE 2012 6.2L engine and 6l80.

can you guys pls help me..

thanks

Tuner in Training
    Anybody know if this will work on a Gen V L83/6L80 2014 Sierra motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwineo View Post
    Anybody know if this will work on a Gen V L83/6L80 2014 Sierra motor?
    Not completely sure, but if the OS is similar and has the "hardwire" option in the TCM > Auto Shift Properties > General > TUTD Type, then it should work. I'm just not sure if GM made any significant changes from gen IV to V.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL5117 View Post
    hello there
    i do have that same setup of your car!!

did get your shifter to work?

I?ve been facing a lot of problems after I installed this shifter kit.

i am using hptuner Ver 3.6 and different from the old one that my tuner is using..

Nissan Patrol 2005 with ESCALADE 2012 6.2L engine and 6l80.

can you guys pls help me..

thanks
    What does the PRNDL Status report in normal vs. sport/manual? Does the shift lever on the transmission physically move?

If it doesn't move then you can set it up like the image attached. The downside is that you need to shift to neutral or park to get the transmission out of TUTD. Just make sure that "Range Active" reads whatever your scanner shows while in drive.
    tutd.JPG

I have the below drivetrain transplanted into a CJ7 and using this thread have been able to get TUTD to work with the 6L80 sport shifter from Lokar except for the TUTD upshift. The trans will see the shift down command and downshift. I have followed the diagram from skier47 and can reproduce the required resistance values on the bench using the shifter. I have attached the current tune which will not let the vehicle shift up or down on its own until you command it only for test purposes. Can someone smarter than I take a look and see if I am missing something obvious. I am working with Lokar to have them add an extra detent for sport mode to allow easily going back and forth between sport and normal modes. If I can figure the lack of upshift out I think I maybe onto something for as easy integration of sport mode into any vehicle. I am making a convertor box that takes the inputs from the shifter and runs through the resistance ladder and outputs the correct resistance to the trans, at least on the bench it works, real world not so much

Thank You in advance

VIN: 3GTP1VE01DG330359
    2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE, 5.3 L, V8
    Hardware: E38, GM Gen4 V8
    Serial: 86ABHDK230233S0Z
    Hardware: T43, GM A6
    Serial: DV5259Q203603013
    Attached Files Attached Files

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE, 5.3 L, V8

Hardware: E38, GM Gen4 V8
    Serial: 86ABHDK230233S0Z

Hardware: T43, GM A6
    Serial: DV5259Q203603013

I have a problem that some of you that are smarter than I may be able to help with. I have the above platform swapped into a CJ7 running standalone harness. Following skier47s' wiring diagram I was able to get the tap down shift to happen no problem. Issue the trans will not up shift with TUTD input. I verified bench wiring and the correct resistance, based on diagrams in this thread along with the diagram from a 2011 vette, sent on the trans input wire. I am using a 3rd party aftermarket shifter and currently have to use D6 for TUTD, waiting on a second revision adding an extra detent to allow easy change between normal shift and TUTD. Attached is the current cal for the trans. I have it setup to not allow TUTD to shift on its own as this is only a test cal to see if this will work on the above platform.
    Thank you in advance.

Teola

Tuner in Training
    so im still having issues, switch is wired up like suggested, it test out to the correct resistance. settings applied in the TUTD section. When using VCM scanner. I pull shifter to D5, and tap the tutd switch, the trans shift mode changes to TUTD, when i drive it holds first gear. i can tap on either direction and it never shifts. Any ideas? Also if i shift back to d6 trans will shift, once i got to 4th gear i pulled back to D5 and clicked tap shift again, when i did it goes right back to 1st gear from what ever gear it was in and still wont shift with switchshift.PNG

so im still having issues, switch is wired up like suggested, it test out to the correct resistance. settings applied in the TUTD section. When using VCM scanner. I pull shifter to D5, and tap the tutd switch, the trans shift mode changes to TUTD, when i drive it holds first gear. i can tap on either direction and it never shifts. Any ideas? Also if i shift back to d6 trans will shift, once i got to 4th gear i pulled back to D5 and clicked tap shift again, when i did it goes right back to 1st gear from what ever gear it was in and still wont shift with switchshift.PNG
    Just to be clear, your switch should have two wires. One goes to the transmission, and the other goes to a 12 V source. Is this how you have your switch connected?

Tuner in Training
    Correct, just like the diagram you posted.

Advanced Tuner
    6l80e-tapshift.png

I use that in my "conversion" drive mode is drive. pull it back 1 more and your in tapshift. So you can use say a 2 speed shifter for this.

I've also found that certain ecu tunes would not work with the trans ecu and im not talking about year differences.
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; 05-10-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Correct, just like the diagram you posted.
    Did you setup the shift tables? Attached is mine, for 3.07 gears and 33" tires, so adjust accordingly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 87skier View Post
    Did you setup the shift tables? Attached is mine, for 3.07 gears and 33" tires, so adjust accordingly.
    No i didnt make any changes to shift speeds on tptd tables, i thought it wouldnt shift until commanded or a max speed or max rpm was hit. In my case i dont care if it ever shifts, only want it to shift with tapped. And so far it is holding gear, it just doesn't respond to taps, it only sees tap when i put shifter into range d5 and have up/down required set to enabled. So it behaves like. D6=Normal drive, when i enter d5, it sees it in d5 on VCM scanner, i then tap either up or down, and the shift mode on VMC scanner says TUTD enabled, It then holds first till rev limiter and never responds to a shift

No i didnt make any changes to shift speeds on tptd tables, i thought it wouldnt shift until commanded or a max speed or max rpm was hit. In my case i dont care if it ever shifts, only want it to shift with tapped. And so far it is holding gear, it just doesn't respond to taps, it only sees tap when i put shifter into range d5 and have up/down required set to enabled. So it behaves like. D6=Normal drive, when i enter d5, it sees it in d5 on VCM scanner, i then tap either up or down, and the shift mode on VMC scanner says TUTD enabled, It then holds first till rev limiter and never responds to a shift
    Post your tune

Tuner in Training
    I still cant get this to work for the life of me. Attached is my tune. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the RAD design shifter setup with resistor harness. I have tested the resistant signal all the way to the trans connector. I have followed (to the best of my ability) the advise on here and cant seem to figure out what is going on. It never shows TUTD active in the scanner. I have set it to D5 and confirmed it shows D5 in the scanner.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    I still cant get this to work for the life of me. Attached is my tune. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the RAD design shifter setup with resistor harness. I have tested the resistant signal all the way to the trans connector. I have followed (to the best of my ability) the advise on here and cant seem to figure out what is going on. It never shows TUTD active in the scanner. I have set it to D5 and confirmed it shows D5 in the scanner.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Have you tried setting the Up/Down Request to disabled?

When thats enabled im pretty sure its looking for a specific ohm to be triggered before tutd actually works. in the holden platform thats enabled when you flick the shifter across. if you only have buttons then it wont do shit like your getting.

i have it disabled in my conversion and my buttons work straight away. turn that on and they dont work at all.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Have you tried setting the Up/Down Request to disabled?

When thats enabled im pretty sure its looking for a specific ohm to be triggered before tutd actually works. in the holden platform thats enabled when you flick the shifter across. if you only have buttons then it wont do shit like your getting.

i have it disabled in my conversion and my buttons work straight away. turn that on and they dont work at all.
    I don?t believe I have tried this! I will gladly give this a try!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    I don?t believe I have tried this! I will gladly give this a try!
    I tried this suggestion last night and it did not work. I am not sure why I can’t get this to work. It never changes from normal shift mode.

I looked over your tune file and couldn't find any issues. I did notice that both gbg and DHC OS's vary from mine though. Mine for the T43, GM A6 is 24265260.

I don't like to flash entire OS as I've seen too many horror stories on this forum about bricking ECM/TCM's, but it could be that your OS does not support hardwire TUTD. I can't confirm nor deny that this is true, but have heard a lot of people claim this is case. Before flashing a new OS that has been confirmed that TUTD works, I would try a few things.

Change these settings:
    Up/Down Req: Disabled
    Range Select: Enabled
    Range Active: D6

Then write the calibration, with the engine off, key on, shift into drive. It should immediately indicate TUTD for shift mode in VCM Scanner (just looked at this and in v 4.0.6, it is showing "unknown: 14200" instead of "Trans Shift Mode").
    If this doesn't work, I would write Entire.
    I tested this on my vehicle and it immediately goes into TUTD mode when D6 is selected. See the attached log.

If none of this works, I would write another OS. Mine is attached, but you will need to figure out if these are compatible. Please do your research before killing something.

I did eventually get mine to work. Because the Lokar shifter would not allow for a detent change I had to get creative with the TUTD shift schedule for this particular project. I had another project up after that one that I used a corvette shifter in, which allowed the detent change and everything worked awesome. Down side to the Lokar shifter was no detent change so I had to keep the TUTD fairly tame in the shift schedule, now the corvette shifter allowed me to get nasty with the TUTD schedule. Attached are both tunes for each.
    The tune named final was for Lokar shifter without detent change and the Maf1_spark1_trans1 is for the corvette shifter. It took a while trying things to make the Lokar work.

Hope this helps a little