Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel curve BFXR6T

Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    Here ill show some info for the greater good, remember without data you have nothing but hopes and dreams

BA F6 manual ran 200rwkw stock

We installed a basic intake that the owner supplied and a walbro intank we installed and a major service to get it ready for tuning, he wanted the stock parts to go as far as they could and thats fine if thats what they want, already knew roughly what target psi we were going to dial in and as long as the pump could keep up and IDC stayed in a lower than 95% for this combo it was fine by me. Yes we pushed it further to het the "magical" number and to see where injector ran out ( and other factors ) then you bring it back and do a "few back to backs" on the dyno quick to make sure its on the realm of "safe"

Start 200rwkw 11/11.5afr

Finish 248rwkw 12.2afr ........
    As u can see the back to back runs

And heres boost

Then after a good cool down we go for the "print out number"

Ive given a bunch of info off these graphs have a look and a think and see how we managed to gain 54rwkw over 90 engine hp off a "tune only" situation

Biggest part is having the car mechanically A1 to start with !

All done on hp tuners in about 4hrs
    Would be interesting to see how lean it went on your back up run if you went to the same rpm as the original run...
    Just not my style.
    Last edited by mycomputeratesme; 08-11-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Not one of our cars had 12.7 afr where did u get that from ?

12.1-12.2 at a maximum up top for this car and remembering you need to see where things fall over to know how and what to advise to up grade !!

Unless otherwise always target 11.8-12.0 or lambda 0.8 !!
    Last edited by JETURBO; 08-11-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

This was the end afr after we installed the 60's and the point of all this was to show where things fall over hope it helps out

Obviously the 273rwkw was the final tune with the 275rwkw being the "print out" run

OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Not one of our cars had 12.7 afr where did u get that from ?

12.1-12.2 at a maximum up top for this car and remembering you need to see where things fall over to know how and what to advise to up grade !!

Unless otherwise always target 11.8-12.0 or lambda 0.8 !!
    12.7 AFR was where this car was with stated mods at 7.5 psi. Obviously the basic mods worked quite well resulting in using up the available fuel hence requiring bigger injectors.

I will target the target table target AFR that I chose and make it match as best I can.

What hi speed afr gauge are u using ?

The point of all of this was to show that around 10psi it gets its max IDC on stockers

What hi speed afr gauge are u using ?

The point of all of this was to show that around 10psi it gets its max IDC on stockers
    Innovate. Sweet, and with above mods much earlier!

My LC-1 cost $200 my LM-2 cost $450 my D/D hi speed cost $1500 .....

Yes all three at the same time and results differ

Where do u have it plumbed in at ?

Got logs to show ? Where does it lean out ?

From all my ramblings i gave a clue what throws its hands up first in the line up considering you have done this i take it you have a new filter ?
    Last edited by JETURBO; 08-11-2014 at 08:24 PM.

My LC-1 cost $200 my LM-2 cost $450 my D/D hi speed cost $1500 .....

Yes all three at the same time and results differ

Where do u have it plumbed in at ?

Got logs to show ?

From all my ramblings i gave a clue what throws its hands up first in the line up
    My Motec meter cost $3500... still reads the same but SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
    I must of missed your bit that "helped"

Hi speed is key the best of the best is autronic imho

If u want help with this further info is needed

When is it leaning out ?
    Wheres the power graph ?
    Got any logs ?
    Are you using a dyno ?
    Have you checked the total fuel system for pressures ?
    Have u tweaked the stock scalers ?

Anything helps !

Hi speed is key the best of the best is autronic imho

If u want help with this further info is needed

When is it leaning out ?
    Wheres the power graph ?
    Got any logs ?
    Are you using a dyno ?
    Have you checked the total fuel system for pressures ?
    Have u tweaked the stock scalers ?

Anything helps !
    Thanks but I have already explained that I determined the injectors were maxed out in a previous reply to Daryl I believe.
    Was 220 odd now 285kww. Yes using dyno.

I have fitted id 1000s.

Throw up the graph lets have a squizz

Once I have finished for sure.
    Jet you may be able to help me though. Fuel trims at idle/ low medium load are bang on and +- 2% trim however in open loop am about 8% rich. How have you found the id settings or have I missed something?

Id's are so good from the data supplied but all injectors need to be scaled correctly

I would start with the data you got, make sure its current and then look how you entered it into hp

Thanks, sure its current. Injector Dynamics and HP don't look at hi and low slopes in reverse do they? I have a data sheet for KPM 1000s and it appears their data is "reversed" as far as the hi and low slope go?

KPM's data is spastic at best

No id have it set up correctly if your using the latest online data entry page

Tuner
    using a multimeter or oscilloscope will tell you what duty cycle you are actually getting, not this rubbish 110%, how the hell do you get 110% (not doubting that is what is recorded as I have heard of this heaps from scanners)

Dude its a blow out....not real ....as in un achievable

Like how ive said you need live link to log 11ty billion times ( < see what i done there )

Advanced Tuner
    Here ill show some info for the greater good, remember without data you have nothing but hopes and dreams

BA F6 manual ran 200rwkw stock

We installed a basic intake that the owner supplied and a walbro intank we installed and a major service to get it ready for tuning, he wanted the stock parts to go as far as they could and thats fine if thats what they want, already knew roughly what target psi we were going to dial in and as long as the pump could keep up and IDC stayed in a lower than 95% for this combo it was fine by me. Yes we pushed it further to het the "magical" number and to see where injector ran out ( and other factors ) then you bring it back and do a "few back to backs" on the dyno quick to make sure its on the realm of "safe"

Start 200rwkw 11/11.5afr

Then after a good cool down we go for the "print out number"

Ive given a bunch of info off these graphs have a look and a think and see how we managed to gain 54rwkw over 90 engine hp off a "tune only" situation

Biggest part is having the car mechanically A1 to start with !

All done on hp tuners in about 4hrs
    Very interesting Jet, it seems to confirm what I said before that you cant run 10lb boost up high. You seem to have lopped of 20kph off the top of the cars 4 gear and you are out of 10psi by about 135kph.

Also running 95% duty cycle and higher AFR as previously posted (my calculations were at lambda 0.79). But it does go to show that my estimates are slightly conservative.

Did you adjust fuel pressure at all?

Thanks for posting this up, very valuable and a treasure trove of information.

Darryl.
    Last edited by DarrylC; 08-12-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Daz no problems but there was a reason why i showed what i have and your eye is seeing what we did to combat this issue

10 psi down to 9 at the end kept the afr in check ( well as lean as i was going to let it go for this example )

Yes you can run 12 psi on stock squirters and maintain a decent afr as long as it tapers off respectiably, you might start to gather the ford combo is always a "seasaw" effect everywhere !! This is also why good tunes can take a long time !!

Suss the graph we went nearly 40 pull on this car to get something we were happy with

Any real tune takes many many pulls unless your cheating and doing copy/paste tunes
    We have had tunes blow into the 100 zone for the chase of quality or a happy balance, those graphs ive put up are for everyones help on what you should see when stock parts run out, this was not to show off but to show what happens clearly and the more you guys look at tunes/graphs the more it becomes clear what the tuner was trying to do, this being said its superrrrrrrrr common for tuners to do target boost then taper down

Infact its not that often a tuner can maintain clean target throughout a full run and some of the best in the country adopt this method as was our goal along the way as a steady load scale helps dial in timing with little fluctuation starting to make sense hey

Same with afr as its all a seasaw effect !!

Clean boost and clean afr's make for a tidy tune and inturn a quality result, butttt sometimes a sacrifice might have to happen to satisfy a different issue ( but thats another story )

I have loads of dyno pulls logged and piks for all of our learning and chance to reflect what we were doing along the way and how we could better our methods
    Last edited by JETURBO; 08-12-2014 at 02:31 AM.

TOP info good read guys.we all learn from each other.have had a good read throw this and have taken a few things on board