Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: lt1 support

lt1 support

well the title says it all i want to tune my 96T/A with this stuff .. so lets go...

Tuner
    Not sure if you are after an alternative, but there are a couple of packages dedicatd to tune the LT1 and are similar to HPT for the LS1. I went with TunerCAT to tune my 95 Camaro(OBDII connector with OBDI OS). You also need a scanner package if you want to log data. The HPT software would have been good to use seeing as I was already familiar with it.
    Cheers
    Brian

Potential Tuner

Any chance of getting support for 96-97 LT1?

I've read on several boards that HP-tuners was going to come out with tuning software for the OBDII LT1 cars but have yet to see it supported. Are there any plans for this software?

Senior Tuner
    We have no plans at this time to support the LT1 motor of any year.

-Ken

Aren't the LT1s ROMs and therefore don't have re-flash capability?

On that subject, is there any kind of ROM programmer/scan tool out there for the LT1s so that you can burn your own? Could get expensive if I flashed as many as I do on my GTO

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    96-97 are obd2 flash but they are smaller 256mb files & overall just a weird setup...i got to play with some files when I had tunercat obd2.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    96-97 are obd2 flash but they are smaller 256mb files & overall just a weird setup...i got to play with some files when I had tunercat obd2.
    (i'm sure u meant 256k)

Oh ok, I was asking because I got a large base of people being in the lowrider world that I could tune if I had the capability. LT1s in caprices and fleetwoods are the norm but many are doing swaps in older G bodys and impalas too. I'd love to be able to get into that market. Is tunercat something still available and supported? TIA

I'm sure there's got to be some of us here that would love that support too

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah I asked for it in the past but don't think it'll happen...they are focusing more on future products...tunercat obd2 can do 96-97 LT1's but you'll need a different scanner more then likely since hptuners only scans generic parameters on those computers.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yeah I asked for it in the past but don't think it'll happen...they are focusing more on future products...tunercat obd2 can do 96-97 LT1's but you'll need a different scanner more then likely since hptuners only scans generic parameters on those computers.
    Yeah I know these guys are busy enough as it is and I'm glad they are working forward not backward

I just did a quick bit of research and it seems they sold the OBD-II stuff to JET. They still had OBD-I real time scanners listed on their site which is good because I'm getting ready to do an 87 5.7l FI swap into my 86 carbed regal.

Tuner
    just start buying ls1's. he he
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

any change on this front...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't think it's in their plans to be supported any time soon if at all.

Wink

lets all put this in the request seperate. maybe if enough of us want it we might get it
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its already been put in by me and about 5 or 6 others...i doubt it will happen anytime soon though...and after seeing a few 96-97 lt1 files i don't know if I'd want it now anywayz lol

well if those 6 all make up 10 screen names and respost would that help
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust

any new news on this front...

Tuner
    I use LT1 edit from carputing. It works well but is not windows based.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmextreme
    I use LT1 edit from carputing. It works well but is not windows based.

HA edit is sooooooo primative compared to this stuff. if the scanner would just be upgraded for it more would be great. use it for what i can but......need more

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by banditlt4
    any new news on this front...
    would like to know also. will be swapping a LT1 into my car within the next month and would love to learn how to tune on my own car. especially with a product that i've heard nothing but good about.

any chances we'll see any support?
    1995 Firebird V6

3.4 V6 + T5
    ---> Built H/C LT1 + Stage 2 T56 = FALL 2007

lt1 edit is like using windows 3.1.. it old and way behind the times and hey why not work back.. how many people own both an ls and lt car.... hey ill even be a beta tester for you guys... all the cool kids have an lt car...