Thread: Need help with speedometer settings

Need help with speedometer settings

If you aren’t familiar with a Regal LS, its basically a GT but with a 3.05 tranny.

I'm installing a HD diff on my LS and I know I'll need to correct my speedo settings bc the reluctor wheel (ie, the tooth gear in the diff that gets measured by the VSS sensor) in this HD diff is different in size and it will throw off the shift points bc my PCM isn't calibrated for this difference. My PCM is calibrated for a non-diff and I need to recalibrate it for this new HD diff.

Can anyone shine any light on what values I need to modify in the speedo section for this to work properly.

What is tire size and why is it larger on the LS than the GS and GTP?

I installed a 3.29 tranny in lieu of my 3.05 stocker, if I commit this change two of the general values (VSS Pulse/Rev-Trans & Trans Rev/Mile) below automatically get modified. The two values that don’t get modified are the drive sprocket ratio and the VSS pulse/mile). The help file says the VSS pulse/mile gets calculated by a hand formula, but what is it? And as far as the drive sprocket ratio, is this what I'm calling the reluctor wheel? If so, then do I modify the drive sprocket ratio for my LS value to the GS and GTP value?

And will I loose my 3.29 setup if I install this HD diff? I'm under the belief that the GS and GTP do have 3.29s like the GT but bc of the drive sprocket ratio in the GS and GTP, the gearing is reduced to 2.93s. I'm trying to determine where this drive sprocket ratio is located, if it is the reluctor wheel than my answer to my question is yes is I will loose my 3.29, is this right? [X(]

This is from my LS bin

And here's from a stock GTP

And this is from a stock GS

TIA!
    Last edited by dlclarkiiRegal; 02-19-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Any word?