Thread: switching from 1 bar to 2 bar

Advanced Tuner

switching from 1 bar to 2 bar

I am running a 05 4.8 with 1 bar setup and have used credits on it to change all kinds of things on it since it is in my 55 chevy with a gt45 turbo and I wanted to get it running on maf since that is what I was familiar with and ony running 5 pounds of boost. Getting ready to turn it up to 8-10 and thinking I should go ahead and get the 2 bar map sensor and switch to 2 bar. I will have the 2 bar map this afternoon and when I clicked on 2 bar in the os I saved as new file. I see I have to do a write entire and I guess that is were I will have to purchase more credits again I think. Also does it take 1 credit or 2 to do this.
    Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Okay I got the two bar map and want to make sure I have this all set up right before I flash it and I looked at several other 2 bar tunes and they have better resolution than I do in the ve and not sure why. I did search and trying 2 bar or 3 bar in search does not come back with any results. Here is old tune 1 bar and new saved file on 2 bar.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    it will come up and ask you to apply the credits, it should be 2 credits. you do not have to write a entire file. you can use the old tune but make your changes. Mine did read applied till the next day for some reason.
    Last edited by Mike08ss/tc; 08-21-2014 at 09:16 PM.