Thread: Truck runs best first crank of the day?

Advanced Tuner

Truck runs best first crank of the day?

Just curious why my truck runs best the first time I crank each day. The throttle return and response is nice fast and crisp and truck just sounds overall better. Even after it sits and cranks back up in open loop to close loop cycle its not the same. I've commanded open loop messing around with vcm tools but its not the same. I haven't logged it yet. May do that in the morning and upload tomorrow.
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Tuner in Training
    I know what you mean I have an 04 as well and it does the same thing would like to know what it is as well

Tuner in Training
    Your truck runs by the air entering your engine is more cold, so it has better response, installing an air filter kit more cold. I think it is the best way.

Advanced Tuner
    Don't think its something from just the IAT. The throttle response and decay is completely different. I took a log of it this morning. I'll post it tonight after I test log with the laptop in the truck to confirm once more that commanding open loop with vcm tools doesn't make it run the same.

Advanced Tuner
    So I made a log this morning. Not sure if you can really tell the difference of the throttle response and return. Coldstart1 is first start of the morning backed out of the driveway and went down the road. The throttle return is nice, crisp, and responds like it should all the time

Coldstart2 is about 10 minutes after coldstart1 leaving the store. The throttle return is soft and idles are more bouncy even while rolling. Just curious if it was something simple cause it runs so well for that first couple minutes of the day.

Still didn't get to sit with VCM controls and play yet.
    Last edited by Nastruck; 08-18-2014 at 09:49 PM.