Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Load Hptuners TUNES to handhelds, programmers or scanners?

Not sure what you are having a problem with but I don't find the credits to be expensive at all. In actuality compared to SCT or Diablo, the HPT is much more cost effective and cheaper to get into.

I like the credit system as I buy what I need not pay for something I wont use.

This is just my .02

I think the credit method is genius, and it was the only way i could afford to get into and learn how to tune. As for the Ngauge, still pretty spendy, but i'm willing to give it a shot and then evaluate its bang for the buck.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6202 View Post
    Well there needs to be!!!!
    The HP Tuners nGauge functions as a handheld for Ford vehicles. (No GM or Dodge support as of yet).
    You can load multiple HP Tuners custom tunes onto it and it can also support remote tuning.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    (Distributor of the HP Tuners nGauge)
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ferraro View Post
    The HP Tuners nGauge functions as a handheld for Ford vehicles. (No GM or Dodge support as of yet).
    You can load multiple HP Tuners custom tunes onto it and it can also support remote tuning.
    So you can load tunes w hp to the ngauge correct? All thru a micro sd?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    So you can load tunes w hp to the ngauge correct? All thru a micro sd?
    Yes, that is correct. Either via the SD itself or the mini USB port on front of the nGauge.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ferraro View Post
    Yes, that is correct. Either via the SD itself or the mini USB port on front of the nGauge.
    Please tell me this is going to funnel over for the cummins people.......... That would be huge, if you want to sell these things........ Switchable tunes is almost a must for them.
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 02-22-2016 at 09:22 PM.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

hoping to see ngauge working on all platforms

Potential Tuner
    I have a couple of questions for the n Gauge;
    Will it log data and if so do I get to select the channels it logs...how much will it log and is that data loadable into the hptuners scanner.
    Also, when do we expect to have complete GM support. If I purchased a the current gauge for logging, when GM support becomes available would it be a firmware update or is the hardware in the current gauge lacking?

How did this get off topic from an HP Tuner produced handheld to NGauge discussion. I still have yet to see the product released or even being mentioned anymore. Is this going to be available and when?

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Potential Tuner
    If you just want gauges get Torque app for your phone. Also does codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    How did this get off topic from an HP Tuner produced handheld to NGauge discussion. I still have yet to see the product released or even being mentioned anymore. Is this going to be available and when?
    It's been available for quite some time and a good number of Ford shops are selling them. Shoot me a PM if you'd like more info.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

Whatever happened to this? I visit the E-motion page quite frequently thinking one of these days its gonna say "GM SUPPORT W/ HPTUNERS NOW AVAILABLE". But nope, nothing for almost a year now.
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Whatever happened to this? I visit the E-motion page quite frequently thinking one of these days its gonna say "GM SUPPORT W/ HPTUNERS NOW AVAILABLE". But nope, nothing for almost a year now.
    They are getting close. The Ford version has really done well and the GM demand is there.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

X 10 on GM demand.
    Thanks for the update
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx

Advanced Tuner
    I installed an nGauge on a vette a month or so ago. IMO it's pointless. If there was integration between the actual HPT software and the nGauge that would be nice. Yes you can data log but can't view it in the scanner, it's in an EXCEL file. You can't use your configs from the scanner in the nGauge.

Unless suddenly HPT really begins to support this thing I won't sell another one to a customer.

Tuner in Training
    Any more update on a tuning/loading solution for the Gm crowd?

Tuner in Training
    I can see an Android based application that you can run on a small tablet. Suction cup that to your windshield!
    Tim.

Tuner in Training
    I would rather have a setup either android or windows based in a tablet. Have it setup with a dash board and be able to flash tunes and or have a quick change button. You know some thing like the edge CTS. That would be some thing I would be first in line for. This way you could actually watch a data log and or possibly change a tune. If they set it up right you could use this a complete dash board like a race paq. Now that would be cool.

I just bought a new double din stereo for my truck that's full Android. With the Bluetooth obd2 connectors and apps out there, making an HP tuners app for minimal scanning and flashing would make the most sense at this point.

Logs

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    I installed an nGauge on a vette a month or so ago. IMO it's pointless. If there was integration between the actual HPT software and the nGauge that would be nice. Yes you can data log but can't view it in the scanner, it's in an EXCEL file. You can't use your configs from the scanner in the nGauge.

Unless suddenly HPT really begins to support this thing I won't sell another one to a customer.
    You can now view the .csv datalog files from the nGauge in VCM Scanner. This was a recent addition and a welcome one.
    You can also configure an nGauge, save the "config" (.ng) file, and use it on other nGauges. Works like a charm. You can load it on the gave pre-shipment, so your customer doesn't have to choose PIDs.

Also, the nGauge now supports custom tuning for some GM applications, so you can load multiple tunes onto it now for not only Ford, but also GM.
    PM me if you'd like the details.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]