Thread: ba wont make over 2-3psi

ba wont make over 2-3psi

my has a ba 5spd manual turbo and we just put a larger cooler a plenum 3inch intake and 2.5/3inch piping rest stock. it was only going to 2-3psi. we removed the hose off the front of the turbo to the wastegate and still only 2-3psi. i went to log the throttle position and no info comes up for it i tried hp tuners, torque pro app, and innovate obd scanner(all log tp fine on my bf f6)

we tested for boost leaks, pulled the dump off checked the turbo was ok. cant only think its a ecu problem cutting throttle or whateva?

anyone have any ideas what it could be to what to check for?

another thing i have posted about before is that i can't tune it with hp tuners either, i can suck out the file but then when i tried to licence it, it comes up with an error. is it a 2002 model so maybe thats part of the issue?

cheers
    Josh

Tuner
    Josh you cannot log tps on ba only on bf and up . What error does it come up with when you try to license the file?
    You may have to send a infolog to the tech guys at HP and see if the can help workout why you cant license the file.
    Btw I have a 2002 ba xrt and have read and licensed the file.

Ok so any idea why would only make low boost even with no boost going to wastegate?

I emailed the guys a while ago and they sent me a file to flash in to the car but still didn't work so no idea

Tuner
    Did you send them a infolog whilst still connected to the car while it was coming up with the error ?
    Did it also have more boost before the mods were done ?
    Does the boost come on normal or late? Just trying to help if I can.

when he got the car it didnt have any keys so he got a new ignition and key and put that in, but car wouldn't start because for whatever reason, so tried to flash it didn't work sent the info log and the file i sucked out and they sent me a file to suck back in which i licensed then put in and then i was meant to be able to suck it back out and be able to modify it but didn't work. i think maybe had something to do with the security being triggered. the car went to ford and got all sorted out and runs now. but still cant tune in but i have sent the info log and the file again so see what support can do might get another file to put back in and it might work this time since the security is all cleared.

so no idea what it ran like before, i did have a dtc for the tps not working but we put another tps on and got rid of that. it did have throttle forced closed error a few times also, i think the ecu might be cutting the throttle limiting the boost. just dont know why and cant log the tps so cant see if it actually is or not. but car is very sluggish.

Tuner
    Very sluggish could indicate a problem with the wastegate actuator preload or a problem with the flap itself.
    Being able to log tps would be good but we cant.
    Post the tune file if you can .

Advanced Tuner
    What sort of condition is the cat/rest of exhaust in? Is the car happy off boost?

its stock tune. the flapper is fine we pulled the dump off and check it out nice and stiff and not sticking, we pulled the hose off to the actuator (wg getting no boost, so should overboost like crazy) and still the same. no idea about the cat and its just stock exhaust it doesn't seem like a problem there tho. when you rev it up in neutral its very responsive. the car isnt registered so only quick spurts up the street in 1-2nd and gets on boost quick just only goes to a few psi tho and car revs out just doesnt go that quick.

Advanced Tuner
    Check the cat. Also if you're not able to log tps get a multi meter tap into one side of the tps with some spare wire (look for a 0 to 4.8v or 4.8 to 0 change, there are two sensing circuits in the tps) and run the wires into the cab, Hook up the meter and go for a drive. See what the voltage does when floor it and boost comes one.

im 99% sure its cutting throttle just not sure why it would throws no codes..

can you see were the rpm is set for the etc

where about is that?

Advanced Tuner
    If you go to:
    Engine, Torque Management you'll see on the left side at bottom under general it has zero set for both torque reduction RPM & Clip torque RPM!

I believe that is what is referred to!

its all the stock numbers

Tuner in Training
    Does the ecu log any DTC's? edit: sorry just re-read couple of posts above (d'oh!)

Could this be the result of some sort of overboost error, but its not logging a p1227 for whatever reason?
    Last edited by pmkolarik; 08-25-2014 at 05:44 AM.

it ended up just being throttle body was leaking. because he had a inlet manifold top half for a au (rajab racing looking one) it didnt seal up to good at the tb and was also leaking at the 2 halfs.

cheers for the help