Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05 Ram HEMI Cam Idle Tuning?

Tuner in Training

05 Ram HEMI Cam Idle Tuning?

I'm used to GM idle tuning, Dodge is COMPLETELY different!!! If anyone can help me with this let me know!

-2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi, 268 Comp Cam (216/220 113LSA), long tube headers, CAI, shorty plug wires.

File attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -John

1991 RCSB 2WD Sierra LQ4 swap, 220/224 112 cam, Twin VSR 6766 turbos
    4L80e w/shift kit, PY 3600, and 3.73 gears.
    22 PSI and E85, 4300# with driver. 9.7@138, 1.47 sixty

I don't see anything in the tune that allows you to set your idle speed so I am lost too. What pids are you able to record on the scanner? Will the motor start up and run at all?

Senior Tuner
    First, make sure your View settings are set to "Advanced".

Tuner in Training
    It runs fine but u have to pedal it to keep it running any where below 1000 rpm. And yes, I set it to advanced view, been using HPT on GM stuff for a while

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LEDbetter View Post
    I don't see anything in the tune that allows you to set your idle speed so I am lost too. What pids are you able to record on the scanner? Will the motor start up and run at all?
    The idle tables are there. What version software are you using?

I would start with the Base Idle settings and the Minimum Idle values. From there you can fiddle with the idle airflow, but keep in mind that the NGC3 PCM is heavily torque based, to include the idle so timing and torque tables are in play also.
    Jaime

There was a bug in last weeks beta that hid the idle tables. This bug has been fixed late last week.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I was using 2.25.861 I'm going to update now.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    with dodge chrysler, you need to change throttle airflow table.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    im tuning the exact same truck with also same cam. can someone share some info on tuning the throttle airflow table.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.3silver View Post
    im tuning the exact same truck with also same cam. can someone share some info on tuning the throttle airflow table.
    Still need help?

Potential Tuner
    Yes i do Please!

At idle mainly spark and fuel tables, if stock throttle body and intake manifold are being used. Very small adjustments on air flow tables for what you have

Potential Tuner
    on the desired throttle table does Cmd throttle stand for commanded throttle? its rich at idle so would adding a higher or lower number lean it out?

Potential Tuner

same

Quote Originally Posted by 5.3silver View Post
    on the desired throttle table does Cmd throttle stand for commanded throttle? its rich at idle so would adding a higher or lower number lean it out?
    i have the same issue can anyone help me

Senior Tuner
    Adrian - a lot has changed in the last two years. search for the how to articles a few of us have posted. Very basic stuff once you read it.

Potential Tuner
    If you still need help I can do my best to help. I have a 220/227 on a 112 LSA cam in a 5.7 and tuning the idle was a royal pain in the ass. I'm running an 05 PCM. Go to Engine-Airflow-Electronic Throttle-Torque/Airflow Factor and adjust for air there. I had to add almost 20% above factory because of how much overlap I have. Also adding spark to the part throttle base table in the 600-1000 range helped out a lot, and I changed the idle condition to 8 MPH to smooth the transition from PT spark to Idle conditions. Also go to Engine-Idle-Airflow to adjust the spark correction. The factory settings are very aggressive, I reduced the amount of correction when RPM above targer idle speed by about 50% and cut correction below idle speed 20%. 06300CSRT8 has a very good write up on the basics of tuning with PID based PCMS, it helped me out a lot and explains Proportional Integral and Derivative adjustments.

Jared

Potential Tuner
    workingtunelessidle.hpt

Here is my current tune. Your changes to the Airflow, VE tables, and spark corrections shouldn't be as drastic as mine but it can give you an idea of what to play with.

Jared

Also, you should raise your min idle speed in drive, just copy the min idle speed p/n into drive and that should help.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 03bstrdram View Post
    workingtunelessidle.hpt

Here is my current tune. Your changes to the Airflow, VE tables, and spark corrections shouldn't be as drastic as mine but it can give you an idea of what to play with.

Jared

Also, you should raise your min idle speed in drive, just copy the min idle speed p/n into drive and that should help.
    Surprised your car idles ok with the idle spark correction disabled, got a log of this bad boy?

Potential Tuner
    Not a current one that I saved on that tune, it's still a work in progress but I can log later today or Friday night and post it. It's there anything else in there you see that I should change?

Jared

Potential Tuner

Hp tuners stage 3 cammed 273 08 hemi idle tune

Quote Originally Posted by 03bstrdram View Post
    If you still need help I can do my best to help. I have a 220/227 on a 112 LSA cam in a 5.7 and tuning the idle was a royal pain in the ass. I'm running an 05 PCM. Go to Engine-Airflow-Electronic Throttle-Torque/Airflow Factor and adjust for air there. I had to add almost 20% above factory because of how much overlap I have. Also adding spark to the part throttle base table in the 600-1000 range helped out a lot, and I changed the idle condition to 8 MPH to smooth the transition from PT spark to Idle conditions. Also go to Engine-Idle-Airflow to adjust the spark correction. The factory settings are very aggressive, I reduced the amount of correction when RPM above targer idle speed by about 50% and cut correction below idle speed 20%. 06300CSRT8 has a very good write up on the basics of tuning with PID based PCMS, it helped me out a lot and explains Proportional Integral and Derivative adjustments.

Jared
    Will this work on my 08 hemi 5.7