Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parameter Added - Driven Tire Circumference

Parameter Added - Driven Tire Circumference

This parameter was missing from the Copperhead truck definitions (F150, F250, F350, including Raptor), and is what is used to adjust for the tire size to make the speedometer read correctly. Tomorrow's beta build will have this.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Thanks Eric! Now I can correct for the stupid tires my partner added to the 2013 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@MMP View Post
    Thanks Eric! Now I can correct for the stupid tires my partner added to the 2013 tow rig
    The value is in millimeter. For some reason (that I will find and fix today), the conversion system is not working for this parameter.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Sounds great, now I can correct the big tires on our Raptor

Had some reports that the parameters added for the F-150 for tire and axle ratio changes were not taking effect. Added two new switches that need to be set to Enabled, in order for those values to work.

Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Hey Eric, a calibration I've been working on doesn't have the switches. BBHS1K5 - 2014 F150. Thanks!
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Quote Originally Posted by Blown383 View Post
    Hey Eric, a calibration I've been working on doesn't have the switches. BBHS1K5 - 2014 F150. Thanks!
    It will be in tomorrows build.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    So for clarity's sake when using the final drive parameter and the tire circumference do you disable the VSS? I have done exactly that and corrected the tire circumference on my F150 and it made zero change to the speedometer calibration which is out by close to 5% on my truck even with it having the oem tires on it.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass69 View Post
    So for clarity's sake when using the final drive parameter and the tire circumference do you disable the VSS? I have done exactly that and corrected the tire circumference on my F150 and it made zero change to the speedometer calibration which is out by close to 5% on my truck even with it having the oem tires on it.
    You have to Disable the "Use VID" and Enable the "Use Tire" and "Use Final Ratio."
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    That's exactly what I have done and it did diddly squat. The trucks speedometer is still reading 5% fast as it always has with the corrected rolling circumference for the tires it has on it. To clarify I upped the circumference as the number Ford had provided was too small for the actual tire compared to what Goodyear rates them for. None the less, what I have done made zero change to the speedometer reading.

also if you disable vid I think you lose the 6-5-4-3-2-1 readout....I have the same problem with speedo error I changed my gears to 4.10 with stock tires ..changing the n/v base helped but raises shift point rpm,at least on my f-150.

Tuner in Training
    My gear display works fine. So what I am gathering is we can't fix our speedometer with this software?

My gear display works fine. So what I am gathering is we can't fix our speedometer with this software?
    Email support with your file and I'll take a look.

Just wanted to post an update. I am in the process of adding a few new parameters that affects the F-150s and the 2015+ Mustangs.

There are parameters that dictate the min/max tire circumference as well as axle ratio. If watch you enter is out side of that range, it will not use it, so you have to adjust the min/max values to make it work. I'll be adding this to all affected definitions over the course of this week.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

OK guys, couple of new parameters added.

Below is a screenshot of a Raptor's stock settings. You can see the min and max axle ratio and tire circumference are not far off from the stock value. Move these values out of your way, and the axle ratio and tire circumference changes you make should now take effect.

Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Awesome! Now I just need to download the latest and greatest. Thank you!

Awesome! Now I just need to download the latest and greatest. Thank you!
    Please let me know if this does not fix it, but I am 99% sure it will.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Eric would you be able to add the option to turning off the tire pressure sensors?
    2014 ford f150 3.5 EcoBoost. afe stage 2 intake

2009 cobalt SS T/C. Forge BPV, Hahn CAI, Hahn catless DP, 3" straight pipe, Dejon hot/cold IC piping, MPX IC, Werks 3bars, Werks Big Wheel Turbo upgrade, Powell Rotated Mounts Stage 3

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I was able to alter my speedometer calibration successfully today so now I have an accurate reading. I needed to tell this particular truck it has quite a bit smaller tire than the stock value to make it correct but then again right from day one ( I bought it new) it's been 5% out. Thank you!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    It worked ! My truck needed a value basically 5% smaller than what Ford had entered to read accurately with the trucks oe 275/65/18 tires. All that matter though is true ground speed now matches read value. Thank you!