Thread: SRT 4 03 PCM with 04-05 code?

SRT 4 03 PCM with 04-05 code?

Customer is wanting me to tune his SRT4 with HP Tuners. It is an 03. I am told by another tuner you can write any 04-05 code into a 03 pcm using one of the other tuning solutions out there. Is it possible to start with a 03 pcm flashed with 04/05 code and tune it with HPT? Am I going to have licensing issues in terms of a invalid vin/os pair?

Please advise..
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports
    Dyno Tuning and Remote Tuning For Ford - GM - Chrysler Vehicles

Click Here For Dyno Tune Motorsports

1988 Ford Mustang GT INCON Systems TT
    331 Cubic Inches - Corn - 808 RWHP 918 RWTQ

You should not have any issue I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    You should not have any issue I believe.
    I hope you are right. Hoping others will chime in as well.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports

03 use a NGC1 PCM while the 04-05 use a later updated NGC3 PCM. I'm pretty sure the hardware differences in the two pcms won't allow a "direct" flash, even with SCT.

Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    03 use a NGC1 PCM while the 04-05 use a later updated NGC3 PCM. I'm pretty sure the hardware differences in the two pcms won't allow a "direct" flash, even with SCT.
    There were some NGC3s as well. The easiest way to tell is to check for a black box with 4 connectors, 3 of which are populated.

Try to read the vehicle as-is. If you can, send in the read and we can add the support.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    There were some NGC3s as well. The easiest way to tell is to check for a black box with 4 connectors, 3 of which are populated.

The 4th connector is just for auto trans and is NOT and indicator of anything else.
    Both NGC3 and NGC1 PCMs for a manual trans are externally identical with 3 of the 4 connectors populated.

The one exception for Srt-4 are the Mopar Stage 2 and 3 PCMs with turbo toys. They are NGC3 and have all 4 connectors populated
    Last edited by duster360; 09-11-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Try to read the vehicle as-is. If you can, send in the read and we can add the support.
    Will do sir.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports

The 4th connector is just for auto trans and is NOT and indicator of anything else.
    Both NGC3 and NGC1 PCMs for a manual trans are externally identical with 3 of the 4 connectors populated.

The one exception for Srt-4 are the Mopar Stage 2 and 3 PCMs with turbo toys. They are NGC3 and have all 4 connectors populated
    In that case, what exactly makes the otherwise identical looking NGC1 PCM you speak of different from the NGC3, considering that it communicates the same and has the same flash image?

In that case, what exactly makes the otherwise identical looking NGC1 PCM you speak of different from the NGC3, considering that it communicates the same and has the same flash image?
    An NGC1 and an NCG3 most certainly do not have "the same flash image", which is probably why HP currently only supports NGC3.

For Srt-4 specifically, its 03 NGC1 software has several different tables as well as a few that are smaller compared to the later NGC3 version(04-05 and all Mopar Performance)
    Last edited by duster360; 09-12-2014 at 10:31 AM.

An NGC1 and an NCG3 most certainly do not have "the same flash image", which is probably why HP currently only supports NGC3.

For Srt-4 specifically, its 03 NGC1 software has several different tables as well as a few that are smaller compared to the later NGC3 version(04-05 and all Mopar Performance)
    HPT supports 2003 NGC3 SRT4 OS 04510055AC / 04510055AD. Among other sources, here is a confirmation that this OSID is indeed a 2003:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f384...rtised-514747/

Therefore, I still stand by my statement that 2003 did in fact have true NGC3 PCMs. I have one in my possession in fact and HPT reads/writes to it.

HPT supports 2003 NGC3 SRT4 OS 04510055AC / 04510055AD. Among other sources, here is a confirmation that this OSID is indeed a 2003:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f384...rtised-514747/

Therefore, I still stand by my statement that 2003 did in fact have true NGC3 PCMs. I have one in my possession in fact and HPT reads/writes to it.
    Sorry but you are, yet again, mistaken. The ONLY stock calibration ID for model year 2003 is 05029242AI and it is in fact a NGC1 pcm(I have one in the Garage if you'd like it)
    The 2004 NGC3 Cal ID is 05029415AH and 05 is 05029832AE

The two 055Ax you posted are outdated versions of Mopar Stage 1 PCMs, the most up to date rev is actually 0451055AE(I have one of these too). I had mentioned in my last post that ALL Mopar Performance PCM are NGC3 just like the stock 2004-2005. You'll know you have a MP PCM{NGC3} because all MP Stage1/2/3 Cal IDs all have the same format with "04510xxxAx"

I tune ~100 Srt-4 a year and have so for the last 4 years so I think I may have a handle on it
    Last edited by duster360; 09-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Bumped for my question: is there a way to upgrade the 2004 neon srt4 os from stock to a mopar's stage 3 os?

Senior Tuner
    Yes, you can flash the stock to be a stage 3, but make sure you understand, you can tweak a stock read from your 2004 to have exactly the stage 3 parameters (mostly injectors, map sensor, desired torque, wastegate settings, and turbine speed info, VE table). But what you CANNOT do is flash your stock 2004 to be a stage 3 WITH TOYS, as the PCM is actually lacking the hardware needed to make it control the toys features.

Hope that makes sense. I believe in the tune repository a few people saved stock staged files.

Yes it makes sense and thank you for the explanation, I was also aware about not using a tune with toys. Actually I downloaded those tunes from the repository and some tables (like injectors for example) doesn't mach: stock tune has 11 rows, Mopar's tune has 15 rows and most examples regarding injectors scaling refer to 15 rows tables, that's why I though about upgrading the OS.

Does anyone has a base file for a 2004 neon srt4 using an AGP turbo kit?

Thanks!