Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost cam issues - 13 mustang GT

Tuner

Ghost cam issues - 13 mustang GT

I have read over the forum and using ideas given by other members I decided to give it a try. After making various adjustments I was having an issue with hunting idle, stalling etc. I went back and upped the idle rpm, idle timing and the car idles great now, with a nice lope to it. I basically used some old school changes used to get a big cammed car to idle correctly. The problem now is the car doesn't decel correctly. If I am in gear and let off of the throttle, it kinda holds the rpm where I let off at and very very slowly starts to decel. The odd thing is the moment I take it out of gear the rpm drops right down, put it in gear and it acts like the cruise control is on with a slow decay rate...I am attaching the stock tune and the in progress tune. I also made a small tweak to the idle air (to compensate for the overlap) and I believe that's where this issue is stemming from. Other than the slow decel in gear, the car drives great and has a nice idle to it. Put 40 miles on it just testing everything out and that's really the only issue I have with ghost cam part of the tune.

For now, Ill be reverting back to stock idle parameters, as I am more just curious with how to do it and trying to learn what the various tables and what the mapped points actually are..still haven't figured out the definitions on what the mapped points are.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by toyoguru; 09-19-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Tuner
    Got it fixed, went back to stock idle air tables, enabled dfco and a few other small tweaks and now it drives great, more of a defined lope, and idles solid (although being able to reduce idle fuel would be nice, runs a bit um..rich). Also modified the boarderline spark tables and a few other tweaks for a 93 octane tune. Taking it to the track tonight to get some logging in. Not sure if Ill have time to make changes, but definitely want to get some good logs in, both with hptuners and my other handheld (more parameters) and compare the two.

Im attaching the file if anyone wants to take a look at it. Car runs great, no wrench/check engine lights, and overall great drivability

Short youtube clip
    http://youtu.be/tY2gFpEnXS0
    Last edited by toyoguru; 09-20-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

I tried to open the file. Couldn't. I'd like to see it. What version are you running?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 69redmach1 View Post
    I tried to open the file. Couldn't. I'd like to see it. What version are you running?
    the latest 2.25.1007 beta

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your decel spark is only set to 10 which will slow down your decel

also i would like make changes to your airflow WOT from the stock 1.10 to 1.99 and multiplier to 1.79
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    What would making the changes to the airflow WOT and Max multipliers actually do?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    fueling for WOT^
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    With the SCT logging software, I am staying around 11.8-11.9 WOT for fueling, as I just went over my logs from the track runs I did last night. I am seeing some odd stuff in the spark advance compared with the OP tables. I will revise my tune on the modifiers and see what that does, if anything to the WOT fueling though, just to see how the car responds. I am ready for the scanner to update to be able to log everything I want.

Sultan, I appreciate the help thus far, you seem to be really knowledgeable with these cars and tuning in general.

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    your decel spark is only set to 10 which will slow down your decel

also i would like make changes to your airflow WOT from the stock 1.10 to 1.99 and multiplier to 1.79
    Decel spark table is not used if Torque based decel logic is enabled.

No need to raise those multipliers either, unless you add boost.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    Got it fixed, went back to stock idle air tables, enabled dfco and a few other small tweaks and now it drives great, more of a defined lope, and idles solid (although being able to reduce idle fuel would be nice, runs a bit um..rich). Also modified the boarderline spark tables and a few other tweaks for a 93 octane tune. Taking it to the track tonight to get some logging in. Not sure if Ill have time to make changes, but definitely want to get some good logs in, both with hptuners and my other handheld (more parameters) and compare the two.

Im attaching the file if anyone wants to take a look at it. Car runs great, no wrench/check engine lights, and overall great drivability

Short youtube clip
    http://youtu.be/tY2gFpEnXS0
    Sounds nice keep up the good work
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Tuner
    Thanks, anyone looking to do the cam tune, I would suggest raising the misfire enable to above your idle rpm and keep the idle around 800rpm or higher, as lower rpm caused mine to hunt for idle, even with a 150rpm difference. I have went back to a stock idle profile now, more into logging and playing around with the TiVCT in the OP

Someone is going to have to nail this ghost cam tune for Ford Gas Engines. Guess I will have to get to work on the 08 King Ranch again.
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]

What are the chances that someone could save these files in V 2.24? Thanks,
    Current project:

Tuner
    You can't save in 2.24, copperhead isn't supported in that version.

Good point. Didn't think about that one. I will request 2.25. Thank you for the check!
    Current project:

Potential Tuner
    Did anyone ever figure out the Mustang ghost cam tune?

QUOTE=toyoguru;362923]Thanks, anyone looking to do the cam tune, I would suggest raising the misfire enable to above your idle rpm and keep the idle around 800rpm or higher, as lower rpm caused mine to hunt for idle, even with a 150rpm difference. I have went back to a stock idle profile now, more into logging and playing around with the TiVCT in the OP[/QUOTE]

Tuner
    Yeah, it really isn't that complicated once you get familiar with it. You can look at the differences in the stock vs the 93 ghost came tune file I posted to see where most of the changes need to be made, and follow what I said about raising idle a bit. Ignore the timing table stuff as that wasn't for the ghost cam, that was for the actual tune side of what I was doing at the time.

You can play with the cam angles at idle and go from there to figure out how much "cam" you want, just takes a little time playing around with it. If you have catalytic converters I would suggest not doing it though.
    Last edited by toyoguru; 02-18-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I dont have cats and went with what you explained. only issue I had was the car stalling when the clutch was pushed in while driving and comming to a stop. Kept stalling on me.

Tuner
    post your tune file

Potential Tuner
    Here is the file. Thanks for looking. If you want to change anything go ahead and I can compare it after.