Thread: Coyote swap using 2014 F150 pcm and harness

Tuner in Training

Coyote swap using 2014 F150 pcm and harness

Hey guys I'm doing a coyote swap on 1959 Galaxie using a 2014 F150 pcm and harness. Everything is doing what it should be besides the fuel pump circuit. I have been told that the fuel pump for the truck is pwm. I have converted the fuel system over to a return style fuel system. The fuel pump relay that I am using is just buzzing and will not kick on. Using a test light the light is bright for a moment then gets dim. So my question is can I tune this function out and and make that circuit just a trigger for a relay to work? I remember reading that you have to make it a return style system. Hopefully what I am asking makes since. I have hp tuners at my disposal to make this happen. Thanks for any help or advise.

You need a fuel pump driver to begin with - PWM signal from PCM is not amplified, you are probably running over current protection.
    Grab fuel pump amplifier/driver from scrap yard, they run like 30 bucks...

Gen 2 fuel pump is triggered from BCM, gen 3 fuel pump is triggered from PCM...

As for the PWM signal itself everything is on the tune waiting for you:

image.png

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I still have the driver module from the F150. By running it this way the return style fuel system is a waste isn't? I did a swap just like this one before but using a 2014 Mustang and harness. I did it the exact same way as this one but everything worked perfect. Is the Mustang not pwm on the fuel pump? By my Ford evtm both systems are wired the exact same way. That's why I assume they are. Thanks for all the help.

no it will run in return style without any problems, FPP driver is just an amplifier, large transistor to control high current. You can set it to 100% PWM if you want.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I will do it. Could you tell me if the Mustang is set up the same exact way. I only ask cause I have it running off of a relay and it worked fine. This is just for my curiosity.

relay wont care about PWM much, ~50-100% will stay open anyways