Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost cam issues - 13 mustang GT

Tuner
    Can you post your stock file, Im seeing a couple of things that aren't adding up..although I only see a couple of small issues in the idle that may be your stalling issue, I would like to see what your stock file shows so I can see exactly what all has been done.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    Can you post your stock file, Im seeing a couple of things that aren't adding up..although I only see a couple of small issues in the idle that may be your stalling issue, I would like to see what your stock file shows so I can see exactly what all has been done.

Thanks, Here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Got it fixed, went back to stock idle air tables, enabled dfco and a few other small tweaks and now it drives great, more of a defined lope, and idles solid (although being able to reduce idle fuel would be nice, runs a bit um..rich). Also modified the boarderline spark tables and a few other tweaks for a 93 octane tune. Taking it to the track tonight to get some logging in. Not sure if Ill have time to make changes, but definitely want to get some good logs in, both with hptuners and my other handheld (more parameters) and compare the two.

Im attaching the file if anyone wants to take a look at it. Car runs great, no wrench/check engine lights, and overall great drivability

Short youtube clip
    http://youtu.be/tY2gFpEnXS0
    Sounds great! Could you be more specific as to what was changed in your tune for the cammed part and what you changed for the 93 performance part. I have a TVS sc and would like to make this work for it. If I understand the logic behind the tune, you are taking part of you upper range on the VCT tables and copying it in your idle and low rpm range? Then making changes like you would on a car with bigger cams to get it to idle? Looking at your tune, I take it you are M6. I'm A6, if that makes a big difference.

Tuner
    Bill271974, I had a feeling you had copied every table from that tune I posted to yours, and that's a HUGE problem for your drivability. The only tables that needed to be were in Idle and in Airflow/variable cam tabs.

I am going to attach a series of pictures that will hopefully get everything straightened out as I can't modify the tune you posted without buying the rights for the vin. It may take multiple posts due to the picture attachment limit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

Tuner
    and this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Sounds great! Could you be more specific as to what was changed in your tune for the cammed part and what you changed for the 93 performance part. I have a TVS sc and would like to make this work for it. If I understand the logic behind the tune, you are taking part of you upper range on the VCT tables and copying it in your idle and low rpm range? Then making changes like you would on a car with bigger cams to get it to idle? Looking at your tune, I take it you are M6. I'm A6, if that makes a big difference.
    I have never dealt with the auto trans and cam part together. From what I have heard/read, there are multiple issues with doing the ghost cam tune on an auto equipped car.

The tables that need to be changed to play around with the ghost cam tune are
    IDLE TAB
    General subtab:
    Enable RPM error raised
    Minimum VSS lowered to 0
    Rpm subtab:
    In gear and park neutral values raised
    AIRFLOW TAB
    Variable Cam subtab:
    Mapped points - Intake and exhaust valve closing (for points 0 and 1) these will control cam timing at idle and allow you to dial in overlap

Also, may want to raise the RPM min to above idle rpm in the engine diagnostic/misfire tab to avoid CEL while running the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Well, I gave it a shot, but it would not run or idle for long. It would crank and surge from 2k to 800 a couple of times and the rpm kept lowering til it died. I'm still learning the basics and this is out of my league for the moment.

I just bought a new 5 liter and I am going to Ghost tune it. It is an automatic. The guys over at MPT say that the auto cars can't handle the overlap that the M6 cars can handle. The call the auto ghost tune a stage 2 lope and the M6 can handle their stage 3 tune. They won't tell me specifics, but I would just keep in mind that the auto can lope but not the aggressive lope heard on youtube.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Tuner
    Anyone interested can PM me and Ill send you a PDF I put together on the basics of the cam tune, file is to large to upload directly to the site (376kb). I hurried through it so hopefully I got all the steps, as its been a while since I have done one.

EDIT: Try the link, its a free upload site, just have to ignore/close the "Flash player may need to be updated" advertisement pop up thing.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...56914753653287
    Last edited by toyoguru; 02-20-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for all the hard word putting that together Toyo! If I have -30* Intake timing and 20* exhaust timing, that will give me 50* of overlap?

Advanced Tuner
    Well, the reason my tune would not run was a unit conversion problem for the injectors. I corrected that and it runs! It didn't stall when I put it in drive either. I'm playing with the cam timing now to see how much lope it can take. Thanks Toyoguru for all the good info!

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone interested can PM me and Ill send you a PDF I put together on the basics of the cam tune, file is to large to upload directly to the site (376kb). I hurried through it so hopefully I got all the steps, as its been a while since I have done one.

EDIT: Try the link, its a free upload site, just have to ignore/close the "Flash player may need to be updated" advertisement pop up thing.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...56914753653287
    that file from the link doesn't open. Says invalid format. If you send it to me, I'll see if I can host it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    that file from the link doesn't open. Says invalid format. If you send it to me, I'll see if I can host it.
    Shoot me a message with your email and Ill send you the file

Advanced Tuner
    Here's a link to my tune. I haven't tested much, because it still has cats. I did drive it a couple blocks and it didn't stall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_k2K5Xr9LI

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Here's a link to my tune. I haven't tested much, because it still has cats. I did drive it a couple blocks and it didn't stall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_k2K5Xr9LI
    Sounds great! I'm kinda curious how much overlap you were able to give the cams with a blown auto car.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Sounds great! I'm kinda curious how much overlap you were able to give the cams with a blown auto car.
    -40 and 30. So 70* of overlap. I did drive it and it didn't stall but it almost did. It needs some more work.

Tuner
    Good deal man, glad you got everything together and working. Hopefully you get the stalling issue ironed out. Im sure its just a couple small tweaks from being right!

This type of info sharing is what makes me proud to be a part of HP Tuners.

I'm with you on this one Eric because that is what this forum is for to help each other out not to try and sell helpfull data to others its a team effort an a great help to all of us.

Advanced Tuner
    Just put my ORX on, so I will be sorting this out a little better.