Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost cam issues - 13 mustang GT

Advanced Tuner
    I have a lope tune running on a couple of M6 cars that works well. Very similar to what this thread started with. One with O/R X and another with cats and stock H. PM me if interested.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks! I have one that was pretty close, but I'm A6 and blower. I didn't mess with it too much due to having the cats on. Now I'm on E85 and catless. I wrote a tune last night and hopefully I can test it sometime today, if weather permits.
    I see the Texas tag. What part of Texas?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Thanks! I have one that was pretty close, but I'm A6 and blower. I didn't mess with it too much due to having the cats on. Now I'm on E85 and catless. I wrote a tune last night and hopefully I can test it sometime today, if weather permits.
    I see the Texas tag. What part of Texas?
    Austin area.

Advanced Tuner
    Ah not too far. I'm in Conroe.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, the 'cammed' e85 tune is kicking my butt. The 93 tune worked pretty well, but the issue I'm having with the e85 tune is it wants to die when you let out of the throttle. It will do it at idle or driving. Torque Decel Switch is enabled and I tried to slow down the decel rate by lowering Decel Torque Decay and Decel Max Rate - Drive. That caused a pop or maybe even a backfire when I touched the throttle. I changed that back immediately, since I'm not sure what the noise was. My thought was, maybe the transition when reducing throttle was happening to fast for the cam timing to keep up.

Has anyone tried this tune on e85? I'm beginning to see why this tune on A6 and blower is a pitb.

Tuner
    Havent heard of anyone having much luck with an E85 cam tune, most people say that they lose the cammed part of the tune when they do the switch to e85.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Advanced Tuner
    I have a great cam idle for about 15-30 seconds and then it transitions out and back to smooth idle. Any ideas Toyoguru? Attached is a file and log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    Havent heard of anyone having much luck with an E85 cam tune, most people say that they lose the cammed part of the tune when they do the switch to e85.
    I put my Borderline and MBT spart tables back to e10 levels, put Idle Airflow tables back to stock and it's working on e85. It will flare at idle until it warms up and it seems to catch itself a little better when you let out of throttle.
    I also changed the MBT x axis to match Borderline.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    I have a lope tune running on a couple of M6 cars that works well. Very similar to what this thread started with. One with O/R X and another with cats and stock H. PM me if interested.

Any of your 'cammed' tunes running on e85?

Tuner
    I put my Borderline and MBT spart tables back to e10 levels, put Idle Airflow tables back to stock and it's working on e85. It will flare at idle until it warms up and it seems to catch itself a little better when you let out of throttle.
    I also changed the MBT x axis to match Borderline.
    Taking the timing out of it kinda defeats the purpose of E85 though doesn't it.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Tuner in Training
    Got the beginning workings of a ghost cam tune on my 2012 V6 thanks to your guide toyogur. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Any of your 'cammed' tunes running on e85?
    No. All 93.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    Taking the timing out of it kinda defeats the purpose of E85 though doesn't it.
    I initially took the timing out of the idle regions and that seems to keep it from stalling. I did a short log and had some knock, so I put all spark back to 93 tune levels, until I can make time to see what's going on.

Advanced Tuner
    It seems to work just fine on e85 for me. I have a few little things to work out to make it 100% how i want it though. This thread was pretty helpful getting it done. Thank you Toyoguru.

Advanced Tuner
    Now that we have mapped points in the scanner, I can see exactly where the knock came from and adjust as needed. My E85 cammed tune worked fine. I just didn't want to risk anything, not really knowing how to correct the knock at the time.

Advanced Tuner
    Thats good to hear!

Tuner in Training
    Having trouble getting my Cobra Replica to lope. I've got a coyote run by the FRPP controls pack made the edits has suggested in the thread but the car still idles clean.

cobra_tune_cammed.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 92sho16 View Post
    Having trouble getting my Cobra Replica to lope. I've got a coyote run by the FRPP controls pack made the edits has suggested in the thread but the car still idles clean.

With my car using the same settings as described here I needed to turn Torque Based Decel on in order to get it to lope and it would only do it after a throttle touch. I never went forward with it after that because it required tq settings turned on that my tune had initially turned off and the car suffered up top. I know my tuner was able to get it to lope using dashpot but I dont think it worked 100% and he never really moved forward with it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    With my car using the same settings as described here I needed to turn Torque Based Decel on in order to get it to lope and it would only do it after a throttle touch. I never went forward with it after that because it required tq settings turned on that my tune had initially turned off and the car suffered up top. I know my tuner was able to get it to lope using dashpot but I dont think it worked 100% and he never really moved forward with it.
    That did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by 92sho16 View Post
    That did the trick.
    Did you have any issues after doing this since you are using a control pack PCM?