Thread: having trouble with possible bricked ecm 03 trailblazer I6

Potential Tuner

having trouble with possible bricked ecm 03 trailblazer I6

Hi guys I was trying to edit the tune on my trailblazer and the system froze while trying to write the calibration. It froze at 75% and fail.
    I had a battery charger on the vehicle and voltage was not and issue.
    Had just pulled the current tune file off of the ecm and then made the changes then tried to write the calibration "not write the entire" got to 75% then froze. The laptop didn't show sings of it being the problem.
    I then tried to write entire and only would get about 23% then it would fail to complete. Any others having this type of issue and would happen to know how to get this thing to take the tune? I have tuned other vehicles and never had a problem so kinda stumped. I also unhooked the battery for a while and tried again and same stuff. And now the trailblazer wont even try to start.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if everything is off and you flash it through an open window it should take as long as the charger is on it. if it doesnt then you are the proud owner of a gm door stop
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    This is what is bothering me, I make sure the lights and all other not needed stuff is turned off. I have even tried writing the factory tune back to it that I saved from back in early December. I have noticed that during writing the system will get to a point and then you can hear stuff going on in the dash and like some sort of boot cycle or system check that is when it freezes up and the shortly after that is when hptuners says fail. Don't know if that will help answer anyone's questions. But thanks for the help..

Potential Tuner
    Okay Guys Figured it out. Did a write this morning and unchecked the high speed option.
    Wrote the entire and went with out a problem. It even took the tune that it froze up and failed on. Also something else to note vehicle tried to start but didn't, Did a quick scan of the codes found it to be throttle body related.. It was seized up manually forced it opened and tried to start it and it fired right up. Hope this helps some in the future. On the P10 ecm uncheck the high speed option!
    Last edited by dabbott78; 02-12-2017 at 12:58 PM.

is your laptop freezing? or just hpt sayin the wright failed?

Potential Tuner
    Nothing was wrong with laptop. I just needed to uncheck the high speed write option in the option during the writing process. Or i would get a fail message from hptuners. For some reason using the high speed option would cause a fault during either write process "entire or just calibration" thats all i had to do.. Kinda odd this is the only vehicle that this has happened on "thank god it is mine" just thought i would let others know what i did to get around the problem. Hopefully others dont have this issue. Kinda sucks.
    Last edited by dabbott78; 02-14-2017 at 08:13 AM.