Thread: E38 LS7 Throttle hanging at ~35% while at WOT between quick manual WOT shifts!

Tuner in Training

E38 LS7 Throttle hanging at ~35% while at WOT between quick manual WOT shifts!

Took my car out to the track again only to still have issues between shifts....if I shift fast (not power shifting) the throttle body will only open to ~35/36% after I stab the throttle for the next shift and it just hangs there until I literally let off the throttle and stab it again and then it goes like nothing happened! Enclosed is the only scan I could get shifting 1st to 2nd gear and then 2nd to 3rd gear. Anyone else ever have issues with fast shifting and the E38 PCM? Rev limiter/Cutoff is set to 8192 RPM (I have a solid roller with NW 102TB). Car is 680RWHP N/A, enclosed is the tune and run file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    did you try to increase the switchover under fuel ETC E40 PCM has it set to 255
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    did you try to increase the switchover under fuel ETC E40 PCM has it set to 255
    No....where is this tab?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    under Fuel Cut Tab where you select if you want ETC or Fuel or Ignition cut
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Like he said, under Engine - Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO, look for "Control Method" and set ETC to disabled...set Spark or Fuel to enabled, your choice. After that, right below those 3 choices there's "Switchover". Open that and set the entire table to something like 20 or higher across the board.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Found it, thanks guys....now I just need dry pavement to try the changes! Has anyone else experienced this before?

Tuner in Training
    I strapped the car down on the chassis dyno to make some controlled runs and was able to replicate the issue by shifting very fast from 3rd to 4th gear. I changed the value on the control method from 5 to 50 and appears the issue is gone, thanks guys! Now it appears that I may have an unintended consequence as a result...I noticed that instead of the fuel cut-off shutting the motor off where I had it set at 7900 RPM that the motor went past 8000RPM and didn't stop until I took my foot off the gas What's up with this now......does this somehow defeat the fuel cut-off entirely?