Thread: Help with histograms

Potential Tuner

Help with histograms

First off, I'd like to apologize because I'm sure that this information is available somewhere on this forum already. That being said, go type histogram in the search bar and you'll be as overwhelmed as I am.

I am new to tuning but not new to cars. I was a diagnostic tech for several years so I have a basic understanding of how all this stuff (on the vehicle) works. I am working with a 2011 Caprice PPV 6.0l with a 6L80E.

I am trying to create some logs of A/F ratio and I understand this can be accomplished with STFTs. I see that there are already several histograms set up initially and several of them work. The ones that don't work all relate to fuel trims. I can see that LTFT and STFT are added to the basic table, so I'm not sure why the histograms aren't working.

I found a config used by someone on the G8 board and gave that a shot, still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Okay, I have just figured out how to fix this by watching some videos I found. Now I have a couple more questions. I see that some histograms are using sensors and some are using PIDs. What's the difference? And why would the custom PIDs not be included in a config file?