Thread: knock detection

Tuner in Training

knock detection

what kind of AUDIO knock detection systems are yall using. I would need one that is portable, what do yall recommend ?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Why would you need one?

You'll never hear engine knock unless it's super bad and have other internal motor problems. It's was easy to hear pinging with carb cars though.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I have been told that a good AUDIO knock detection system works really well. It come with headphones and the good ones are suppose to filter out "bad" noise and you will be able to hear the engine actually knocking. Anyone with experience in the subject feel free to correct me.

The scanner in HP Tuners will see any knock going on. The knock sensors are inside the motor already, not sure how much closer to the sound you'd be able to get.

It always logs knock retard if it's in the main table display. There really is no need for other equipment.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I understand, how would u go about tuning a car with no knock sensors?

Advanced Tuner
    I made my own. I don't use it often on the GM stuff, but it comes in handy sometimes. I'll see if I can dig up the plans I made and post them up.