Thread: 3 bar map reading higher than the rest of the tables.

Tuner in Training

3 bar map reading higher than the rest of the tables.

I have exhausted all my options and I need help. I have been running a 3 bar OS for some time now. I changed setups and have to retune and in between setups I have tuned 1 bar setups no problem. All my other tables read say 50 kpa MAP and my histogram reads 145 or 155kpa. Key on Car not running the MAP voltage is 1.59 volts with a 3 bar map sensor from EFI Source.

1) I have went into the histogram settings and deleted the SAE MAP and SAE MAF like the directions tell you like post #16 here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...g-105-kpa-only

(This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Table display (Scan -> Table Display). Right-click the "Manifold Air Pressure (SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing 1 bar PID from the table, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.

(This step for 1/2/3 bar Speed Density enhancements only) Right-click the "Mass Air Flow(SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing MAF PID, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.

(This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Right-click again on the table display cell and select "Insert", go to the Engine -> Airflow section and choose either the "Manifold Air Pressure - 2 bar" or "Manifold Air Pressure - 3 bar" PID, double-click to insert it into the table.

2) I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole VCM Suite. I used an old beta version though from 2013.

3 bar map speed density turbo 240sx tuning.cfg

oct 7 MAP reading wrong.hpl

Any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks.
    Last edited by jmac636; 10-07-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Works fine for me, do you have a user defined boost pid or any other user defined pid that references map kpa?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Works fine for me, do you have a user defined boost pid or any other user defined pid that references map kpa?

Russ Kemp
    I think that's the problem I will post back when I figure it out with details.
    Last edited by jmac636; 10-08-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I removed the boost defined PID and now my logs look correct, Thanks RUSS!

I had added a Boost PID some one else had created and it made my logs all wacky. Even my old logs were out of sync with the Table KPA.
    Last edited by jmac636; 10-08-2014 at 09:55 AM.