Thread: Switching from serial to MPVI PRO?

Tuner in Training

Switching from serial to MPVI PRO?

Hi,

I own licenses for F-body 1998, 2000, and 2002 model years. When I upgrade what will happen to those licenses? Will I retain those model years. Also over the year I have compiled a lot of tunes. Will the tunes transfer over to the new software?(My stock tune is in there along with my modified tune and I definitely don't want to lose that)I would appreciate any info you could give me

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The time passed to upgrade from serial to pro back in 2009. My suggestion would be to email sales at hptuners.com to see what they can offer you, if anything.

Tuner in Training
    Yes I know I missed the cut off,But I still would like to know if my data(I.E Tunes)will transfer in to the new software when I install it.I contacted sales and they generously
    said that they would give me a 25% discount when I turn in my old software,But they never answered my question about the transfer of my data.Because if my data wont transfer then I will buy the new software and keep the old set up in case I need to access some of those old tunes.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, the data would not transfer over, that time had passed.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks for the info.

Senior Tuner
    The newest software can still open older .BIN files...it'll just save them to a new extension .HPT if you change them...you won't lose that.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat