Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More alcohol tables for P59 and other Gen III controllers

I went a little more aggressive on the FF table and it does appear to be working. Thanks again!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    Anybody have the pin location for the E40 when adding the flex fuel sensor?
    I'm trying to find the pinout for a 2005 Grand Prix...my friend swapped the engine from one into something, and last night when I went to his shop to disable VATS and get it firing for him, I found it was an E40 with flex fuel enabled...but it's also a VIN/OS mismatch...something funky going on, but I'm still looking for this pin.

I'll post it when I have it.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 07-14-2015 at 07:44 AM.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    It's possible without all these tables being added you just have to stitch together tune files to make it work... I think there are other switches or tables to enable it fully that we or the other software don't have access to. Reason being you can't simply just flip the switch in a GTO OS and enable Flex Fuel like the Gen4 stuff does. At least I've not been able to get an OE GTO file to work. I've been using a hybrid 2005 CTS-V/Truck file to put Flex Fuel in Fbodies etc. As long as the hardware for the IAC is there copying everything over from a GTO file to the hybrid file works. ETC will disable after copying everything over.

I've also sent in a request a week or so ago to add the Flex Fuel Spark PID in the scanner. I would also like for Fuel Temperature be added but the Flex Spark will suffice for now at least.
    So does this mean the file you sent me for flex fuel in my 2004 gto in early 14 isn't actually ready for flex fuel? Have you figured out flex fuel in an 04 gto since then?

I already looked into that, I believe they used a Virtual setup though, and I couldn't find anything in the diagrams for it.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I have the request in with HPTuners to add the table I pictured above, and they have replied that it's in their work in queue. I believe that's the last piece of the puzzle we didn't have access to yet, but I'm not 100% certain.
    I haven't seen this table added to P59 PCMs that already have flex fuel. Unless I'm missing something?

Did anyone get the Flex Fuel to work with P59, F-body, 2004 GTO file with 12587604? Getting O2 heater DTCs and FF alcohol content is not working.

P59_Flex_Tune.hpt
    Last edited by TedKt; 11-02-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    2002 Camaro LS1 N/A, Moderately Built 4L60e, Yank 3200, Wiseco pistons & rings, Compstar rods, 230/237-.625/.625-111 cam, ported stock 241 heads, 92/92 FAST intake, Pacesetter LT, SE True Duals, 25% underdrive pulley, SLP lid, 60# injectors, Flex Fuel, 160 T-stat, lcas, pan hard bar, sub-frame connectors, torque arm relocation, Dana S60 4.10, KYBs, Strange DS, Walbro 450.