Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a support forum or is it not?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingManPerf.
    my life does depend on it, I need my tuning fix. been close to 8 months now. aaahhhh. need to tune asap.
    I got a real chuckle out of that one

Thanks,

-Ken

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    I have a local track day that has a bunch of prepaid customers for 8 guaranteed hours of private party bliss on the 11th...
    out of the 100 or so people that paid to make this happen....20-25 of them are LS2 GTO's and LS7 vettes.....and many of those guys wanted tuning done before that day....
    I have several of them already prepaid...and I've had to push back the tunes till my interface arrives....
    this stuff is paying my rent and feeding my family(me,the wife,an 8yr old little girl, a 5yr old boy, and a 6 month old) while I am waiting for more tour work.....which thankfully looks like its going to happen here later here in march...

but you dont see me bitchig and moaning on here about the interface not being here yet...I kow mine will make it...and I know its probably already on its way....so I just sit patiently....its coming...you will also see yours soon...

and to the guy who once asked if his could have the burrito warmer option...I think you need to go buy your supplies now

no but you keep telling me about your life's story.

I know it will get when gets here, but I am "tuning junkie" HPT is responible for this with such a great product. I am all wound up and no place to go. that I have already lost one customer for a tune.

later
    CT
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    Again thats fine...I locked it mainly because I didn't want to see the thread get out of hand...it was a new post which means if Ken/Keith/Chris are browsing the forums they will see the post just fine. They are admins which means if they think it is a post they need to respond to on this board they couldve reopened it. But in the end it seemed like all you wanted was the pkg to be overnighted which again should be handled(imo) on a case by case basis privately.
    Keith,
    I sent you a reply email, at sales and your personal one, still haven't gotten a reply. I know you're a busy man and I hate to be pushy, but time is not on my side this month. LOL.

Cheers
    Chris Butigieg
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Outstanding Support

We typically don't participate much on these boards, but I feel as if I have to chime in here to give credit where it's due.

We have all three major, mainstream software/scanner tools here in-house, including a couple of proprietary tools we use for specific vehicles and every-single one of them are excellent to work with depending on what you're doing. The folks behind the scenes that produce such software are often very responsive and helpful also in every instance where I can remember. One though, stood out tonight...

Let me explain:
    We had just received the latest LS2/LS7 software tools from HPT the other day and tested it's functionality on a 2006 H2 Hummer SUT and a 2005 C6 Corvette. The new software loaded on our PC cleanly, easily and started right up properly the very first time we used it. (no bugs, which is uncommon w/ new hardware when it's new) We were off and calibrating in no time...

Shortly after we started on the H2, we found that there was a GM-SPS cal. file revision that was released just last week, (2-20-2006) so we uploaded the latest flash file into the box to use as the foundation. The software would read the new file fine, edit to the new file fine, but would not upload it into the truck properly due to an O.S. update from that latest GM-SPS file.

I emailed Keith at 7:30 pm to inform him of the problem and pleaded with him to get us a fix for this problem before the next day, because the customer was flying in on a one-way, non-refundable $700 plane ticket to pick up his truck the next day so he could drive back home to Florida. I included the new GM-SPS file in the email for him to look at as well.

Within 10 minutes, Keith had responded back to me and said, "I'll have something for you shortly". About 1 hour later or so, he emailed me back a beta file that included the fix for the problem I was having. I loaded the new software version into my PC with ease and everything worked flawlessly once again. To say that myself and my customer were overjoyed was an understatement, for if Keith and his crew had not taken the time to help me on such short notice this late at night, we would certainly have had to eat that $700 plane ticket and the customer would have been boiling mad.....

Needless to say, the truck is done and it made exceptional power for which ourselves and the customer were very happy to see. HPT made the customer's day!!

With that said, I was *VERY* impressed with the outstanding level of support Keith, Chris and Ken provided us when we were in a jam. They answered their emails almost as quickly as if you were talking to them on the phone and they seemed to understand the situation enough to step up to bat for the home run.

It's not too often these days when a software company such
    as their's provides the level of support and rapid response time as they did,
    so it's quite refreshing. They've done a great job here and we're really glad we purchased the product to add to our tuning software "tool box".

What they've done here tonight on such short notice meant a lot to us and our customer. Often times, the measure of a good company is often dictated on how they handle the challenges for their customers when the road gets rough and they did a fine job!

Kudos to Keith, Ken and Chris for a job well done from two very satified customers on this end! Keep up the good work and the success will continue to follow.

Sorry this was so long, but credit had to be given where it was due.

Respectfully,
    Phil
    Dynotech Engineering Inc.

Tuner
    Sales and Support are 2 different things

I give hptuners a big A++++ on the support tech side of things. nothing but praise. I'm thinking thats where their passion is.
    But on sales side a C- but hopefully with superchips as a partener now that should improve with little more manufacturing horsepower now.
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Tuner
    Soundengineer,
    "I have several of them already prepaid...and I've had to push back the tunes till my interface arrives....
    this stuff is paying my rent and feeding my family(me,the wife,an 8yr old little girl, a 5yr old boy, and a 6 month old) while I am waiting for more tour work.....which thankfully looks like its going to happen here later here in march...

but you dont see me bitchig and moaning on here about the interface not being here yet...I kow mine will make it...and I know its probably already on its way....so I just sit patiently....its coming...you will also see yours soon..."

I'm sorta in the same boat here, I'm waiting on a Pipeline Job(weather pending) to start, w/ a HPT income. Any issues I've had with software etc., I recieve a reply very quickly after emailing sales/support/order @ HPT. I think they are doing a great job esp. considering the recent upgrades and changes happening. Really how can it get any better?

Chris