Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/3 bar map support?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    ok guys, i have added support for 3 of the GM s/c calibrations that i know of.

I looked at the code mods (or lack of them) that GM made for this and basically all they have done is rescaled the MAP sensor scalars for the 2bar sensor. This makes all the MAP referenced tables/parameters effectively doubled which i have incorporated into our editor. Given the structure and primitive nature of the code there really isn't much else they could have done unfortunately.

Bottom line is we are good to go on the GM s/c cals, but there may be a day or so delay in adding support for any new ones i receive

Chris...
    Chris
    Are one of those calibrations for the 2.2?

AFAIK the 2.2 (with the GM Performance Parts Supercharger) uses a 2.5bar Map (Bosch 261 230 042- technically a TMAP with an integral IAT) which is identical to the TMAP used on the 2.0 LSJ in the Cobalt SS and Saturn Redline

I tried to upload the data sheet for this Bosch TMAP but for some reason I cannot upload PDF files and have no way to convert it.

Regards
    WopOnTour

they are all for 2001's from memory 2.4L 5spd GrandAm is 12583711, not 100% sure about the others.

Looking at the code mod for the sensor on these it looks like a regular 2bar sensor to me. 200kpa/5V + 8kpa offset
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    Chris, now that you've seen what it takes for the 2 bar, what is the possibility of adding 3 bar to existing 2 bar applications, or even adding 2 bar to those that didn't have it, like the 2200/LN2 and Pre-2000 2.4?
    Hate having posts at the bottom of the last page, everybody misses them

Chris?
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner

Chris?

Ditto on the 3bar issue.

My other issue is that i noticed some of the settings and parameters go to 6800-7000rpm while others immediately end at 6400rpm.... Any answer to this? Any way down the road to add so that all maps rpm related go to at least 6800rpm?
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

Tuner in Training
    will this help for a 2002 2.2 ecotec w/ the supercharger

and under the above i have
    12207612.bin utility file
    &
    01re01mc37.bin

Tuner in Training
    btw those are the file numbers from the printout when we installed a supercharger here.

there were only the 2 bin files and the cal number..

it also said "l2007 lev 17 dev cal for an l850 w/ manual transmission and a bosch map sensor"

and it was actually

00 12207612.bin utility file( i forgot to add teh 2 zeros in front of it on the first post)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    btw those are the file numbers from the printout when we installed a supercharger here.

there were only the 2 bin files and the cal number..

it also said "l2007 lev 17 dev cal for an l850 w/ manual transmission and a bosch map sensor"

and it was actually

00 12207612.bin utility file( i forgot to add teh 2 zeros in front of it on the first post)
    PERFECT!! THANKS!!
    WOT

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyhunter
    Ditto on the 3bar issue.

My other issue is that i noticed some of the settings and parameters go to 6800-7000rpm while others immediately end at 6400rpm.... Any answer to this? Any way down the road to add so that all maps rpm related go to at least 6800rpm?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...76&postcount=3
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Chris?
    Shifted
    Cant your tables be rescaled to reflect the revised sensor output voltages somewhere?
    I'm currently planning to replace the stock LSJ 2.5 bar TMAP (Bosch 261-230-042 GM PN#90423637 ) with the 3 bar version (281-002-437) on one car that's making more than 22psi boost and had planned to just rescale.

*See Bosch TMAP datasheet below

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, definately. Check the 4 cylinder FAQ thread for my FAQ on how to do it.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Thanks! Whew thought there was something preventing that
    Nice job on those FAQs BTW
    Wop

Tuner in Training
    Yeah the LSJ Map sensor is definitly a 2,5 Bar sensor because it max out at 22 PSI of boost in the manifold, logged with a scan tool on the PCM.

(22 PSI + 14.7) / 14.7 = 2,5 Bar.

Chris will we be able to scale the Map table up to 22 PSI of boost, thus fine tuning the injectors pulse width ?

Because as the GM 2005 Cobalt SS LSJ service manual stays, injectors pulse width is based on the MAP sensor and fuel pressure is constant.

LOL I experimented it, my supercharger pulley is so small, thus throwing A LOT too much of fuel and removing a LOT too much of timing advance. I need the VCM suite

Tuner in Training
    If we are limited to 2 bar, maybe we will have to use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator ...

Tuner
    JMC we will have to see what the OS supports on the LSJ, if it comes with a 2.5 bar MAP chances are the pcm maps go up to 250 KPA.

Also I have noticed depending on conditions fueling may be controlled by multiple maps. On the L61 at low RPM the VE is controlled by the MAP and higher RPM's it's TPS based. Not saying it's the same on the LSJ but chances are there are multiple maps to tune the fuel not just a single map based on a single set of variables.
    Last edited by zinner; 05-03-2006 at 09:43 PM.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    they are all for 2001's from memory 2.4L 5spd GrandAm is 12583711, not 100% sure about the others.

Looking at the code mod for the sensor on these it looks like a regular 2bar sensor to me. 200kpa/5V + 8kpa offset
    I need this file. The 2.4 5 speed supercharger reflash for the 2001 Grand Am.
    12583711 doesn't get any results from the repository.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    The year and model vehicle listed does not have a boost file in the repository that shares any of the OS codes listed in previous posts.
    All of the files i did open have axis identical to the file listed below which means the stock 2001 2.4 files are likely coded for the 2 bar sensor but i cannot find the map calibration section in the file to allow me to verify that.

on the plus side if your vehicle ecu can accept the 12578485 OS flash then it is available in the repository under a 2002 cav 2.4 sc.
    2004 Cav 2.4 S_C Stock GMP.hpt
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 09-24-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    My understanding is that if I flash a cavalier file i will lose my tach and other gauges along with other oddities.

The stock 2001 2.4 files are not coded for a 2 bar map and is not speed density based from my understanding. This is the purpose of the reflash.

see https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...d+supercharger

also https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...d+supercharger

you can try emailing tech to see if they have a file from the engineers who read the ecu code but i wouldnt bet on them having one now that is almost 18 years old.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    you can try emailing tech to see if they have a file from the engineers who read the ecu code but i wouldnt bet on them having one now that is almost 18 years old.
    Lol I know it's an outdated and rarely used platform. I've emailed support and tried getting in touch with the OP. I might have found a guy that has the file from an Alero w/ auto trans. Will find out mid week. Hoping for an HPtuners rep or another user with a s/c reflash file for the manual trans Grand Am.

This thread seemed to have the most info about the exact model and had a calibration id number from an HPtuners rep. that 12583711 number doesn't pull anything up.

that OS # is a limited number. it was only used in a very low amount of applications.