Thread: 2-3 shift problem

2-3 shift problem

I'm still getting a little lag on the 2-3 shift

I was looking at the tune and noticed something, I would appreciate someone to chime in if they could help me.

WOT RPM is 6200 for every shift
    WOT Shift Speed is 1>2:31 2>3:61 3>4:98
    Part throttle shift speed (100%) is 1>2:33 2>3:60 3>4:94

The only shift that really kicks hard is the 1>2 shift. It is also the only shift that has WOT shift speed set below 100% part throttle shift speed.

So I was thinking maybe I need to lower the WOT shift speed a little for the 2>3 shift?

I know it needs to meet both requirements to shift, so is this a possibility? that 61 is a little high for the WOT shift speed and that its reaching 6200RPM's before that mph and thats causing the delay?

I usually set the WOT and 100% ( 87% and 94% too; sometimes my foot is lazy) to shift at the same speeds. I have my rpm shift set at 6500, but my speeds are all set for 6600 rpm. I found the best way is to test it at a track. My 2-3 was my worst as well. I don't care about my 3-4 (doesn't shift until 125mph anyway; I think stock was 116)

Don't know if this will fix your problem, but it might.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Yeah I changed my part throttle shifts (100 and 94) to match the WOT shift speed just to take it out for a spin and see what happened.

It seemed to shift a bit quicker.

It'll take a bit more work, but the 2-3 shift is coming together nicely.

Keep in mind (I found this out the hard way), that all this transmission stuff will require some time to take full effect. At least for me. I had the car shifting like a champ, then I removed my battery for a little while to do some work on the electrical. Seemed all the learning the computer did (based on driving habits), put everything back to granny shifts. Settings were still there, but took about 200 km's of hard driving before it started shifting right again (then I hit 131% duty cycle on my injectors...LOL; back to bad shifting, cuz of 'the thirst')
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

I'll keep that in mind.