Thread: BA xr6t help

Tuner in Training

BA xr6t help

Hi guys, just after some advice/thoughts. A customer has recently purchased a used BA xr6t, which has apparently had a complete F6 ecu put into it (word from customers mouth). As such it now has the oil pressure light constantly warning the driver, and he would like to have this rectified. I can see the ecu has been removed at some point as the rivets have been drilled and it has been bolted back down, but I cannot confirm whether it is a complete F6 ecu or a used xr6t one with F6 tune flashed into it.

Would I be able to flash a stock BA xr6t tune back into it, even if it was an F6 unit? Or alternatively is there another way to rectify the oil light problem (short of possibly changing cluster to F6?).

Thanks in advance lads.

Phil.

Advanced Tuner
    Is there still a tear tag on the PCM?

You could try flashing an original Xr6t Calibration into it but it's risky business.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    Tear tag has been removed unfortunately. Unsure which way to head with this one :/. Thanks for the reply hiddeous

Edit: Also, would it be feasible to refit a used xr6t ecu and can HP tuners be used to do this, or is it something that it able to be done with IDS level software only?
    Last edited by pmkolarik; 10-23-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So it turns out part of the remaining sticker was still readable, from what I can gather its coded A3GC, which is still BA xr6t correct and corresponds to a HAANCG3 file? If so, I can safely assume that they have stuck an F6 flash into it and I would be right to flash back to a HAANCG3? Next question, does anybody have a factory file (or close to factory) that they would be kind enough to share?

Cheers

send me your email address mate and I will send you one for a 2005 baxr6t

Tuner in Training
    PM sent!

Advanced Tuner
    I'm struggling to recall where the additional sender was, but it might be caused by the missing extra hardware for the factor Oil pressure gauge that the F6 had in the dual pod above the ICC. Im not sure if they have a separate MIL trigger for the idiot light and the gauge. Might be able to turn the Second MIL off in the DTC list?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I thought that may have been the case also. The sender unit itself is different iirc. I couldnt see any differences in an F6 file compared to an XR6T, and even if so you'd only be controlling error reporting for the MIL light not the actual oil pressure light itself. I think it would be different. The bloke is booked in next week, and we're going to try flash a HAANCG3 file to match the ecu. Will keep you updated on how it goes.