Thread: Saab 97X Aero (TBSS) Engine build and Trans build 3200 Stall Converter Help Please

Potential Tuner

Question Saab 97X Aero (TBSS) Engine build and Trans build 3200 Stall Converter Help Please

Hi Everyone,
    I am finishing my build 2008 Saab 97x Aero (TBSS) The engine has fresh rebuild forged pistons/ rods and Truck Norris Cam, long tube headers and CAI. The transmission is a built level 7 from Chuck at Finish line transmission with a Yank 3200 and separate cooler. I have had the initial tuning done but wanted to see if improvements can be made. First, the vehicle seems slower off the line which I think is (me) getting used to the stall converter not 100% sure. But my main concern is on the highway I feel that the transmission is not sure what gear to be in. If I am on the gas it's fine but when I coast and then get back on the gas it's hesitant on what gear to be in. Also my tuner removed all torque management for the transmission is that ok?. My other complaint is the first gear shifts so early when under 50% throttle. I also have seen a little Knock Retard on my trends.

Can someone help look my engine and transmission tune over and let me know if you see any improvements to make. Appreciate the help guys.
    Log 2_11_2023 had KR at 4.0
    Attached Files Attached Files