Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to perform a segment swap using the segment swapper utility

Potential Tuner

segment swap grayed out. what to do e38 pcm and t43 tcm

Quote Originally Posted by bdubs View Post
    Great. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry if this is for the wrong section, but is the segment swap only for things like transmissions or will this work if say I am trying to convert from DBC to DBW?

The reason I ask is I am trying to figure out what my options are for converting my 6.0 to DBW. I have an 01 Silverado ECU which I believe is the 0411. I also have two ECU's from 99 Fbody, and the Throttlebody is an LS2 unit. I have a TBSS intake that I want to install along with this TB. I still need to track down the TAC and Pedal, but I have heard that it may be as simple as a segment swap or even adjusting a Matrix table?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
    Sorry if this is for the wrong section, but is the segment swap only for things like transmissions or will this work if say I am trying to convert from DBC to DBW?

The reason I ask is I am trying to figure out what my options are for converting my 6.0 to DBW. I have an 01 Silverado ECU which I believe is the 0411. I also have two ECU's from 99 Fbody, and the Throttlebody is an LS2 unit. I have a TBSS intake that I want to install along with this TB. I still need to track down the TAC and Pedal, but I have heard that it may be as simple as a segment swap or even adjusting a Matrix table?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Segment swap works.

2002 DBW "Write entire" works great for this and does all the basic ETC work for you. I have read the matrix bit swap works too but you have to enter the ETC values. I have never done the matrix bit flip myself. I have always just had a licensed file to segment swap or write entire.
    Bo Woody owner:
    APS Automotive
    www.apstuning.com
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    405-424-RACE

Advanced Tuner
    save yourself the hassle, just get you a new cable throttle body. to do what you are asking is more than just figuring out the PCM stuff....

Tuner in Training
    segmentswap1.JPG Trying to open this and it keep telling file in use ?????

Potential Tuner

4L60E to 4L80E Swap E38 and T42 Controller

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and still working myself through every function.

So i have recently done a 4L60e to 4L80e swap, Absorbed almost all the resources i could find in every forum
    that i could find which is related to my project. I'm already done with the harness, the crossmember, what's left to do now
    is the tune. I really don't have an idea as to how to do this, like bone dry. Hopefully someone here could please point me in the
    right direction.

I have read that you could copy the value of an 80 and just put it in your tune, but i didn't get enough
    proof if it worked.

Vehicle is a built stroker 418ci with tune.

Im trying to do a segment swap 4l60e to a 4l80e and my compare file comes up blank. and segment swapper does not highlight. first time trying this, does my 5.3 file need to be licensed before i can segment swap. im just trying to find a match before i commit to buying license

You have to license the file you are working with, then just use the other file to compare with and use the segment swapper.

You have to be able to edit "your" file to do this.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Need a little help with the segment swap my os 12216152. cant seem to find a 4l80e tune with this os. doner vehicle is a 2002 suburban 5.3 4l60e. installed into a 94 chevy with 4l80e

Potential Tuner
    12216125 sorry

Potential Tuner
    hp tuners customer support sentg me the file to do the segment swap

Potential Tuner
    do you have to license the (from) file in order to swap segments ? I am attempting to do so but segment swapper is grayed i have not license the from file and both have the same OS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by elcamino68 View Post
    do you have to license the (from) file in order to swap segments ? I am attempting to do so but segment swapper is grayed i have not license the from file and both have the same OS
    No you do not.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hello,

I have a 5.3L truck engine and a harness/ECU from a 2001-2002 Tahoe (red/blue) ECU number ending in "411" . The Tahoe had the 4l60e, I want to run a 4l80e, and I modified the harness to work with the 4l80E as instructed on several sites (3 wires and 2 pins at the ECU).

Now, I am not sure what to do about the PCM. I bought HP tuners, and I have a .hpt file from a vehicle that has the 4l80e. Do I simply load the hpt file for 4l80e into my tahoe PCM?
    I also need to run a 2bar map sensor, engine is turbo.

If the 4L80e OS is the same as the one on your computer you can use the segment swap feature to stick the 4L80e transmission information into your tune.

You are not taking a different tune file and just writing only the transmission side to your PCM, that won't work.

The first post in this thread tells you exactly what has to be done, did you read it?
    Last edited by 5FDP; 02-14-2017 at 08:21 PM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

It said something about a beta version, and then there is some terminology I didn't understand. I literally just got HPtuner I haven't even connected to my computer with it yet.
    So you are saying compare the OS with the 4l60e factory ECU tune in the computer I have, with the 4l80E tune file I downloaded, and if they are the same, find a beta version of HP tuner with segment swap capability and perform the trans section segment swap and... profit?

It says email support through my "home page" I am guessing I have to install HPtuners first to do this... then I can email support for the beta version, and then I can attempt a segment swap?

So next question, should I do that FIRST before updating the OS to use a 2-bar map sensor? I dont know what is going to be affected by the changing of the OS.

I also just read that
    Yeah I think all that makes sense. I do believe since the 0411 came with the 4l80e as an option I don't have to do the segment swap, as you do.
    If that is correct I wont even need the beta version? Just load the 4l80e tune file?
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 02-14-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Threads like this need to either be locked or updated more often sometimes, being that this thread was made back in 2014 that is when there was the beta software. I can tell how it gets confusing or if someone doesn't want tor read 80 replies to find out that some things no longer matter anymore.

Everything today is post beta and what everyone is running if you bought HP Tuners new or as of 2015-2016.

So all you have to do is make sure whatever tune file you want to use as your compare file for the segment swapper has the same OS as the tune on YOUR computer that you are tuning.

If the OS does not match, you need to find one that does. Then once that is complete you can then do anything else you want, like updated the OS to support a 2 bar MAP sensor.

Potential Tuner
    I'm looking for some help on the segment swapper. I have a 2008 Yukon SLT that originally came with a flex fuel 5.3 and 4L60 trans. I have replaced these with a built LQ4 6.0 and a 4L80e transmission. Once my new intake and transfer case input shaft arrive tomorrow, I will finally be ready to fire it up. I have a custom tune file that was written for the new engine, but the tuner didn't realize that I was swapping the transmission at this time, and therefore did not change that portion of the file. Since I have been unable to get ahold of him today, I wanted to make sure I have a file that will work tomorrow, even if it is a temporary solution.

I have downloaded a file from a 2008 Chevy Express van that has a 4.8/4L80e in it from the repository, but I cannot get the segment swapper to highlight and work, it remains greyed out. This is my first time using the HPTuner software and I am a bit lost. I have looked at both files, and they both seem to show that they are on the same OS

E38 OS 12617631
    T42 OS 24239927

Am I missing something? I open my modified Yukon file first, then under the compare menu I open the Express Van file. I can look at the differences, but no go on the segment swapper. Any help is appreciated!

Potential Tuner
    I recently swapped my 98 fbody pcm for a 99+. Tuned with HP tuners and everything works great except the fuel gauge. Has anyone here done a segment swap to get the fuel gauge working? If so, what vehicle / OS are you using to do so?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    the segment swaper funtion is avaliable for old 2000 4 conector pcm?s cause im trying to find a compatible file to swap a OS 16265175 pcm from v8 vortec to v6 vortec and any file i download from the repository dont enables my segment swap button
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico