Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How to perform a segment swap using the segment swapper utility

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique Guzman View Post
    Ok. Thanks bro. If that doesn't work, then I guess it's time to get a new Brain, right? Thanks again
    Correct. They're about $50 around here. Dealer can flash the correct VIN in it for about $150. I can do it for $50 and shipping.

In your email, you asked to do the 60 to 80 swap, that's $150 and shipping, on top of the $50 computer cost and $50 flashing cost - if needed...

Potential Tuner

12585950 os 4l80e tune

Any chance someone has a file for operating system 12585950 with a 4l80e tune? I have swapped a 4l80e into my 2004 tahoe, but it seems none of the files in the tune repository that actually have a 4l80e have this os.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post
    Any chance someone has a file for operating system 12585950 with a 4l80e tune? I have swapped a 4l80e into my 2004 tahoe, but it seems none of the files in the tune repository that actually have a 4l80e have this os.
    Go to repository. Select '2004'. Select 'Silverado'. Scroll down. No, more. Little more. OK, right there....

screenshot.09-02-2023 13.05.11.png

Potential Tuner
    Please check that file out. The tranny settings aren't correct for a 4l80e. I already tried that one. It seems to have 4l60e settings. I compared to it to several 4l80e tunes I have.

My other option is to check my os. This is for a 2004 tahoe flex fuel. I also have a 2003 tahoe flex fuel that has the same os as many 2500hd files I have. Any reason I couldn't segment swap the 2003 file and write entire over my 2004 pcm? I have license for both tahoes and for several 2500hd files.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post
    Please check that file out. The tranny settings aren't correct for a 4l80e. I already tried that one. It seems to have 4l60e settings. I compared to it to several 4l80e tunes I have.

My other option is to check my os. This is for a 2004 tahoe flex fuel. I also have a 2003 tahoe flex fuel that has the same os as many 2500hd files I have. Any reason I couldn't segment swap the 2003 file and write entire over my 2004 pcm? I have license for both tahoes and for several 2500hd files.
    What am I supposed to be comparing it to? You did not post the file you're asking for help with.

GM TIS is down right now, so I can't check Cal IDs for the repository file or anything else. That's two strikes against you getting help, only one of which is something you can do anything about.

Potential Tuner
    Hey, I appreciate the help. And I mean no harm. I just swapped the 4L80E into my tahoe thinking the tune would be the easy part. I have piddled with hptuners for years, but am very amateur. I didn't post my file because I didn't "expect" to take that much time from people.

That said, please forgive me if I sounded rude or unnappreciative; I answered quickly from my phone. I very much so appreciate your time, and I will post the file soon.

I basically need to segment swap the 4l80e part for my pcm; the file you found i had found and segment swapped, and it didn't work. So I pulled it up and compared it to several 2500hd tunes I have; that tune doesn't have the same options and setups in the tranny tab. It appears to be no for a 4l80e.

Potential Tuner
    Here are 3 files I am comparing. The 2004 Tahoe Z71 is the stock tune for my tahoe I swapped the 4l80e into.

The repository file is the file that was pointed out that has the correct os.

The other is a stock 2500hd file.

Under the "Shift Scheduling" tab under transmission, you can see the 2500hd file has more options and tables; this is true for every 2500hd file I have, or found on the repository.

Long story short, I need the 2004 Tahoe file to run the 4l80e; that said, I would like to also understand the process and be able to repeat it myself.

To anyone reading and helping, thank you so much for taking the time to help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    To follow up, there are several 2004 tunes with 4l80e files os12585950 that do not look like my others.

My 2003 tahoe file even looks different that my 2004.

Long story short, I am attaching a file for my 2004 tahoe that has been segment swapped, could you look at it to see if it should work?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think your OS is just old, and the current release will be far more common and easier to find a segment swap candidate. tis2web is still down, though, so I can't run your VIN (or any of the other files) to see the current Cal IDs.

OS updates are released slower and slower as vehicle age goes up, most don't get any updates after 2-3 years. So any truck that's been updated between then and now (15 years?) will have the current OS in it, and there's a lot more that have been updated than there are ones still limping along with the early OS.

https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/
    Internal Server Error - Read
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    (big thumbs up, GM!)

Potential Tuner
    So I guess later I could update my os. For now, would that last tune i loaded work for my 2004 tahoe 4l80e?
    I am trying to get thst part right before I begin tweaking things, as the truck has a higher stall, and a ls6 engine swapped in, and soon an intake manifold. But I want to start solid on my 4l80e so as not to burn it up due to a bad tune.