Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Camaro ss

2010 Camaro ss

10 SS automatic. The cam is idling good when cold but on a warm start the car doesn't want to idle. It'll crank up for a few seconds at real low rpms and then die. Also if in drive and I ease on to the throttle it'll die but not when I give it a good bit of throttle. Any help?

Cam specs are 230/250 @5 278/297 duration. .625/.625 lift.
    Tune below
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    log..............................................s o your issue is what its hotter it doesnt want to start?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    log..............................................s o your issue is what its hotter it doesnt want to start?
    Yes, it turns over then idles under 500 for maybe 2 seconds and dies. if i start it holding the throttle and stay on it for a minute coming off slowly itll come back to idle

Advanced Tuner
    easy fix. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    easy fix. lol.
    How? Im lost this is my first time tuning a car with a cam and its something i want to learn

Drill no more than a 1/4inch hole in the throttle and that should get you out of trouble.

TJ PERFORMANCE
    2014 HSV GEN F R8 SV Enhanced (LS3 340KW)
    6 Spd Manual
    Tuned @ 281RWKW/629Nm with OTR and 100cell CATS only.

^no need for drilling holes. you can perfectly control your throttle.

again please post a log of the car idling to see what kind of trims and timing

also, with this cam did you change VVT settings. DOD delete kit?
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 10-30-2014 at 04:15 AM.

Yes you can perfectly control the throttle in the tune but we find it time consuming so we from Australia just drill the hole and off we go.

TJ PERFORMANCE
    6 Spd Manual

Removed VVT and DOD, its a an LS3 Conversion setup, forgot to mention that in the op. (Was in a rush)
    I'll get a log up this morning waiting for the sun to come up so i can fire her up, dont wanna wake the neighbors up in the middle of the night again lol

^well, you still have settings in your variable cam tab that its on. your start up and other parameters related to that and solenoids.

^well, you still have settings in your variable cam tab that its on. your start up and other parameters related to that and solenoids.
    Thanks, i barely noticed that. I set cams controlled by the ECM to None

compare your file to a LS3 camaro and see the changes under that tab, also you need to remove your DTC intake cam positions since you have no more VVT

2 Logs i just recorded this morning, worked on the tune and got it starting right up when hot and not stalling when i ease into the throttle. Now the o2 sensor voltage is going zig zag along with the timing and its running kind of rich. Any ideas? The commanded air fuel is 14.7-1. I was thinking of matching the high octane tables with the main spark advance in the histogram. Would i need to do the same on the idle spark advance as well?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Put your Idle Base Spark table back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by R8SVton View Post
    Yes you can perfectly control the throttle in the tune but we find it time consuming so we from Australia just drill the hole and off we go.
    I assume this is a piss take?

Well it was said to me by a very, very talented and well known tuner that knows HPTuners inside out. I had the same problem with the idle and the first thing he said to me is what have you done with the throttle body and told me not to go bigger than a 6mm/1/4inch hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    I assume this is a piss take?

TJ PERFORMANCE
    6 Spd Manual

Quote Originally Posted by R8SVton View Post
    Well it was said to me by a very, very talented and well known tuner that knows HPTuners inside out. I had the same problem with the idle and the first thing he said to me is what have you done with the throttle body and told me not to go bigger than a 6mm/1/4inch hole.
    I have heard this throughout........ drilling a hole for mafless because they were too lazy to get it to run. My car is a 2009 model, apparently cant run mafless........ back in the day they used to drill a hole in it to fix the idle issues........

Of course as mentioned, you can workout the issue and just 'fix it'.

I mean seriously you'd drill a hole over learning how to do it properly?....... Yours is maf by the looks of the log so it should be easy! Use your o2 sensors offsets/time/proportional and maybe hold a crank for longer.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 10-31-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Change the Primary Cranking VE to 80 instead of 100. It will help with starting.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

please don't drill.........tune
    Last edited by mowton; 10-31-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]