Thread: torque management on a manual car? and which data is best to start for a 5.3 swap ws6

Tuner in Training

torque management on a manual car? and which data is best to start for a 5.3 swap ws6

Car is a 1998 ws6 6speed. I swapped in a 5.3 (spun a rod on my ls1).
    Im also doing a turbo build and was looking around the vcm editor and was confused on the torque management.

The car is a 1998 6-speed with no ETC. I figured with that I wont have "torque management". Or do I?
    is this something I will need to disable or something that is already disabled because the pcm cant control 6-speed and no ETC.
    (from my read looks like I can disable it by setting it up to the following.) (but if its not doing anything then ill leave it alone)
    Max torque: max
    ETC TPS: Max
    spark retard vs trq reduction: 0
    Trq loss % vs spark retard : 0
    (abuse) rpm :max

The next question is base setting. since the car used to be an ls1 but now a 5.3 lm7 is it best to use lm7 maps or ls1 just to start.

I know I would have to change the cylinder vol. to .66594L to start.
    what about target Idle? should I use the ls1 target idle?

I know I would eventually have to fine tune these stuff but I was wondering which is the better option to start out with.

thank you

Potential Tuner
    6 speeds dont have torque management, http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...on-manual-tran