Thread: 4L60E no converter lockup "tcc misfire off" will not change

4L60E no converter lockup "tcc misfire off" will not change

The vehicle:
    Alright, so I have one that has me scratching my head. I am doing a 32 Ford with a 99 LS1 4L60 combo. Everything is stock internally, car has headers and a unique intake for fitment. I am running it speed density due to a horrible MAF location.

The issues:
    Converter will not lockup. I initially had a code p0740 TCC solenoid circuit/open. I removed the transmission connector and inspected for issues and after reconnecting the code never returned. After tuning the vehicle the converter will not lock up. If I command the trans TCC solenoid on it will lock and operate. I logged the TCC status bits and TCC misfire off always reads "YES" I have tried to shut off misfire monitoring and even changed out the original 01 OS with an 02 OS. I performed a crankshaft variation learn and it does not change.

The Fix:
    This is where I will post my fix after some help........please...? If anyone has any inputs I have not usually had issues with converter lockup and am not accustom to viewing these status bits. Please feel free to comment on anything. Thanks in advance!

Carl T.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Senior Tuner
    Scan misfire current cylinder mode 1-8 and see whether you
    have really turned off (usually it's more like raise the bar, I
    have never seen an on/off option) misfire detection.

let us know what you find, i am also having this issues with my 5.3 swap. everything worked fine at first but now no lockup.

Tuner in Training
    Check your brake pedal switch for function and adjustment.

wanted to bump this back up for those who are interested. had the trans rebuilt and everything works proper. trans builder didn't find any obviously broken hard parts so who knows what the issue was.

So let me understand this, misfires causes the TCC lockup to turn off ?

I have this TCC lockup problem, can command it to lockup and it locks but, also it will work like it should at random times, is there a set limit to misfires that disable the TCC lockup ?

Sometimes it locks up just fine like it should at all rpms and speeds, then at other times it only locks up at low speeds only any rpm.. and at other times it will be locked up then just turn off TCC lockup

Was just out searching for an answer to this and ran across this misfire cause ... i do have random misfires .. gm hotcam ..

This is a LONG log ... gets interesting around 8min or so time count
    Last edited by Monty; 01-07-2016 at 07:50 PM.