Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: MAP sensor question

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    Ok guys it is finally getting there.
    A few more adjustments and it should be good.
    I have just put the 4 bar map and boost sensors back into my car and the tables worked.
    Just need a minor fix done to the offset turbo input.
    I just checked in the fix for you.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Peppy_t View Post
    yet another great achievement! Thanks guys

Eric can you also add the parameters to my Def HACCKGA so I can try out my 3.5bar sensor again?
    Added. Will be in the next build.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Thanks Eric I'll try it out through the week, am I going to have to change the boost sensor also?

To clear things up, does this mean that we will be able to convert an NA PCM to boosted obviously without the boost control

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Eric I'll try it out through the week, am I going to have to change the boost sensor also?
    Peppy short answer no. You can edit both sensors independently. I believe there are issues if you peg the Boost sensor but for you I would suspect you will be running open loop/external boost control so boost sensor will be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I just passed my 2 year anniversary here last week, and I only worked on ZF for about 6 weeks.

originally posted 31-01-2009 by vcmswt elsewhere
    Furthermore, given a little more time we will also be introducing full tunability of the 6-speed auto trans.
    There is no doubt you are doing a great job and have implemented many changes which is making the software a better product, but it appears HP as a company has been chasing the ZF since at least 2009

Advanced Tuner
    I have been following this since I joined in 2012 and back then the only information available was that HP Tuners where keen to do it but there was nothing happening until Eric got on board. So whilst there may have been interest there did not appear to be any activity.

Since Eric has started the AU Fords are progressing like never before. He is the man

And would the guys tuning the FGs please put in a request to get the extra boost tables added. We know it has an over boost function but is does not show up when attempting to tune them. I suspect it wont be complex for Eric as he has already several ecoboost cars which have this function.

Tuner
    Hey guys...

we have a winner

Tested the idle park and idle in gear.
    Idle in park will read below the map sensor range but if you have the a/c on it brings it back into range.

Can't thank Eric enough.
    SCT can have the 3 bar map sensor only
    We have map and boost for 3, 3.5 & 4 bar
    Cheers Guys

Tuner
    Great news Bugsy, and big thanks to Eric...

Eric I'm sure you have seen photos but have you ever actually been in a falcon? Any interest in coming down here one day?

Advanced Tuner
    You have been miss-informed bugsy. But regardless, a good result for the big boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    originally posted 31-01-2009 by vcmswt elsewhere

There is no doubt you are doing a great job and have implemented many changes which is making the software a better product, but it appears HP as a company has been chasing the ZF since at least 2009
    No development work was done on ZF until after I started. Any post from 2009 was wishful thinking.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    You have been miss-informed bugsy. But regardless, a good result for the big boosters.
    The latest I have heard about SCT is that they were happy to say that they had a car driving around with a 3 bar map sensor only.
    They had not done the boost sensor or gone for the higher map sensors.

If they have done more why not tell people..... Oh that's right Herrod isn't like that
    Last edited by bugsy; 09-15-2015 at 05:37 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    gents who have upgraded the map sensor. Is it reading correctly in the scanner also? Or is it a custom pid?
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    bugsy can confirm. No need to change the scanner as it showed correct MAP reading, as it should.

Seems like the bottom of the scale was 33Kpa so it can idle. This is what causes the DFCO issue with the 4 bar t-MAP sensor.

I am interested in the 3 bar sensor, real cheap and the associated 3 bar boost sensor is available. Nice that we can put in a 4 bar boost sensor and a different type of t-MAP as they are independently scalable.

Tuner
    The map sensor is reading correctly until it hits the max on the pid which is 255kpa which was confirmed by Eric that it was due to the pid.
    Eric is doing the DMR for my osid so we can test further.
    In the meantime I will do a custom pid and check if that works.

Advanced Tuner
    Cheers mate. It might be worth while for me after all if the scanner will log increased boost.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Did you have any luck with 3.5 bar? Still good resolution down to idle etc?

Tuner
    Eric can I get this added to HABS2Z3. it is a BA GTP, so 5.4 V8, im installing a supercharger so this will make life easier if it can be done? ill just run the std 2.5bar turbo map sensor?

Advanced Tuner
    There is 2.5 bar scaling in the calibration already. You just need to enable the Turbo Logic to use the 2.5bar scaling. Been covered before....do some searching on here and you'll find it.

Great news Bugsy, and big thanks to Eric...

Eric I'm sure you have seen photos but have you ever actually been in a falcon? Any interest in coming down here one day?
    Never been in one, but I am coming down there next month for a week.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    There is 2.5 bar scaling in the calibration already. You just need to enable the Turbo Logic to use the 2.5bar scaling. Been covered before....do some searching on here and you'll find it.
    Thanks toads, I wasn't aware of this