Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: MAP sensor question

I'm in the process of adding the slope/offset for the turbo and N/A TMAP sensors, and Boost sensors. Might take a while to get into every OS, but I am working on it.

It will only be available in the 2.25+ version.

Last edited by Eric@HPTuners; 09-08-2015 at 02:34 PM.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Eric,
    Can you put it to the HACH4K6 os for me to test?

Thanks Eric.

Tuner
    Did you finally get your map sensor going Steve?
    We spoke about this a few weeks ago on the phone.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I'm in the process of adding the slope/offset for the turbo and N/A TMAP sensors, and Boost sensors. Might take a while to get into every OS, but I am working on it.

Eric, brilliant this has confirmed that the Slope and Offset for the boost sensor and the TMAP sensor are the same for other sensors. I could only find data for the 3 bar and it matched the 3 bar TMAP.

When I was helping some of the SCT boys with their TMAP calibrations I got sent a screen shot of their tables and they had a "ETC MAP Clip" value as well.

Anyway until we get the new version (how many weeks?) at least we can use the work around I described earlier as long as we can put in negative MAP@Zero values for the 3.5 and 4 bar sensors but Matt has done that for mine and bugsy calibrations.

Advanced Tuner
    "As the popularity of the turbo Falcon increases, so are power levels, and to get this higher power, boost levels have increased higher and higher. Many people have gone beyond the level of the factory MAP sensor, which meant scaling was not 100% correct.
    Herrod Motorsport in conjunction with SCT have now released the ability for tuners to fit and accurately tune up to 3 bar using a Bosch MAP sensor.
    No fudging of numbers to trick the ecu at all, but proper control.
    Does it work? Yes it does.
    In the past some people have manipulated numbers at the expense of driveability, and as most the cars we do are used everyday day this was a real concern to me, so I have been driving around with one on my car for a little while and has no issues at all.
    Just another reason to choose SCT product when getting your car tuned.
    Thanks Herrod and thanks SCT
    "
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    Eric,
    Done. Will be in the next build.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Thanks Eric

Advanced Tuner
    Tony stirring shit on that forum I see haha. Luke, Chris's has been running around on a 3 bar t-MAP. Works mint.

Advanced Tuner
    Just for those that don't know, Ratter wrote what Hiddeous posted on post #126 on the fordxr6turbo forum.

HP tuners is certainly getting there and and I am really excited with all this new stuff. We all need to be promoting HP Tuners on our Ford Forums for Hp Tuners to continue supporting this product.

Advanced Tuner
    Just so you know, boost control between an F-series and a B-series is a very very different kettle of fish. Even if HPT do get the ability to re-scale both sensors, I strongly suggest you do not try and run high boost closed loop control on an F-series!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    Just so you know, boost control between an F-series and a B-series is a very very different kettle of fish. Even if HPT do get the ability to re-scale both sensors, I strongly suggest you do not try and run high boost closed loop control on an F-series!
    I am only testing for the b series and territory

Advanced Tuner
    Roger, I can't see a B-series being an issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    Just for those that don't know, Ratter wrote what Hiddeous posted on post #126 on the fordxr6turbo forum.

HP tuners is certainly getting there and and I am really excited with all this new stuff. We all need to be promoting HP Tuners on our Ford Forums for Hp Tuners to continue supporting this product.
    And ratter has not responded to my post asking about the boost sensor

It looks like Matt is now helping Eric so progress. Given what Eric has done in the last couple of years by himself, imagine what progress there will be with a helper, watch out SCT. I seem to remember that it took Herrods years to get the ZF working and Eric had it working in about 6 weeks after someone send him the mechatronics.

Anyway I watched Eric do some work on my notebook and he certainly had DMRs for cam angles, ... Very exciting and the scanner might be real soon now.

It's great that HP are getting things happening but pretty sure based on what has been posted elsewhere and what people in know have said is that HP have been working on ZF for 4 or 5 years

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    Eric,
    Well just tested HACK4K6 and it is as shown in the above post. Fully editable for both T-MAP and Boost sensor. Come on guys lets get this news out there. I have started with:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...5&postcount=29

This should push Herrods a bit as they are still developing the boost sensor!

Tuner
    yet another great achievement! Thanks guys

Eric can you also add the parameters to my Def HACCKGA so I can try out my 3.5bar sensor again?

Tuner
    Eric.
    I have emailed you some results.

Tuner
    Ok guys it is finally getting there.
    A few more adjustments and it should be good.
    I have just put the 4 bar map and boost sensors back into my car and the tables worked.
    Just need a minor fix done to the offset turbo input.

Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    It's great that HP are getting things happening but pretty sure based on what has been posted elsewhere and what people in know have said is that HP have been working on ZF for 4 or 5 years
    I just passed my 2 year anniversary here last week, and I only worked on ZF for about 6 weeks.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC