Thread: ? on oil temp

? on oil temp

Hi all, I have a 79 FOX body Mustang with a 2007 Corvette LS2, I changed the cam last week and had the car retuned yesterday and I have a question which my tuner could not answer, during the play back of the data it showed oil temp and I ask him where it got that info from as I don't have the oil temp/low oil level sensor in the oil pan, I do run an Auto Meter electronic gage but it has no interface to the ECU that I'm aware of. Is it possible the info HP tuners is showing is in the ECU from when it was in the Corvette. A real stretch I know?????

is it just a static number from no sensor installed? Of is it "calc" oil temp?
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

?on oil temp

I think you may have the answer, but I didn't notice if it went up as the file was replayed or stayed the same. The reason I ask about this is I'm kinda leery about the tune data he showed me, was it really from my car, he claims he couldn't do the tune on his dyno because the tires were too big so he could not strap the car down properly you would think that a tuner would know how the product works? I don't know.