Thread: VCM Scanner Question

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner Question

Hey Guys I'm a newbie to the hp tuners world. So any help would be very helpful and I thank you in advance!

I've hooked up the vcm scanner to datalog the car while driving and I cant seem to get some key tables looked at while datalogging.
    These graphs include:

boost
    Air Fuel ratio
    Wastegate duty cycle
    Injector duty cycle
    Lambda

Those are all I can think of as of now. Anyway I can make these readable? I have added them to the scanner but when driving they just show nothing. Again all help is appreciated!

Are you logging them in the main table display??

Do you have a wideband hooked up to read in lambda??

If you have the air fuel ratio hi res in the table display it should read it out, same with injector duty cycle. For boost you might have to make a PID to actually have it read in boost, but it's just as easy to read the MAP kpa and do head math on the fly. Anything over 100 kpa is boost if you have a vehicle running a 2/3 bar map sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I have a sky redline so it has the lnf setup in it which doesnt need the external wideband to read air fuel ratio. I was told its has something to do with changing the PID? I'm such a noob at this right now but willing to learn. What is the pid and how to I change any of the settings?