Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep VCM Suite 3.0+ Vehicle Supported List

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERNHOTROD View Post
    We could REALLY use TCM support for NAG1 and 8HP... Keep up the great work!!!
    Just curious, what kind of parameters are you looking to modify?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Not yet, it uses a JTEC which can currently only be read. It is on our short list of things to finish soon.
    03 Hemi is the one year only NGC controller, it is a NGC2 that uses a separate controller for transmission. I'm fairly certain none of the Hemi trucks used a JTEC, however you could still get the 5.9 Magnum in this truck which did use a JTEC controller, however 03 was the only year to get the Magnum in the DR truck chassis.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Just curious, what kind of parameters are you looking to modify?
    Shift timing
    Shift pressure
    Working pressure
    Torque management
    Shift points
    Etc...
    Edwin P. Gregory III
    SOUTHERN HOTROD, LLC
    2230 Richland St.
    Kenner, LA 70062
    SOUTHERNHOTROD.com
    888-BIG-HEMI

Tuner in Training
    Just joined the forum as I have been watching the Challenger tuning. I have been using DS cmr tuning. And not happy as theres is set up for shops to make money and not for single user. At 4k for the software,,,well nuff said.
    Right now in my heavy 4400lb 09 Challenger runs 10:60 at 130mph on a 1:50 60ft. Its a 5.7 I stroked to a 6.4 eagle heads, cam, 80lb ford injectors, MTCM, headers, V-3 Vortech at 10psi, Edge 4000 stall and Southern Hot Rod trans. All the other supporting mods to get there. I have been using the Diablo tune with of course a tune up to run it all.
    Its a VVT motor. VVT is here to stay, so I embrace it.
    I am myself using the SCT software now teaching myself what works and what dont. Knowbody around to help with it or willing to. Not much help from them at this time either with support. So many unknowns, Course on race day I drop in my Diablo knowing it works and is a safe tune to use. But im stuck with doing tuning through e mail and paying.
    When I need small tweeks to part throttle timing,,,, cant do it with the Diablo. Only WOT just for one item.
    As I read all this, I may just jump in with the HP tuning and see what I can do with it. Course I need the TCM auto support also.
    Wish you all good luck. There is a very big market for the 08 to 12 for horse power mods, that all needs tuning.
    Cheers FlatTop

Potential Tuner
    Ditto on what FlatTop said: Im in the market for DIY tuning for my 07 Magnum SRT8 (roots blower @ 10psi, typical exhaust/fuel mods, meth injection, 3.55 gears,converter, different tire size). Currently the car has a circa 2008 CMR tune, and Im debating $650 for HPTuners setup vs $500+ for an email CMR diablo tune. I have a trinity at the moment.

My concerns are:

A: can I start from the existing CMR custom tune or will I have to start from scratch on my own?

B: the existing tune is already set for the 3.55 gears..will I run into any issues there?

C: as it's currently tuned...wicked lean at part throttle on boost (it only takes like 15% throttle to close the bypass valve at low rpm)...does the HP software have any advantage over CMR with setting correct/safe AFR and timing on boost at low throttle?

Potential Tuner
    Any eta on 2015 5.7l support?

Quote Originally Posted by slasorv View Post
    Any eta on 2015 5.7l support?
    The details regarding 2015 are still being ironed out, please email Sales for details on how to get your 2015 supported.

Potential Tuner
    The details regarding 2015 are still being ironed out, please email Sales for details on how to get your 2015 supported.

I filled out the contact form and sent an email. Hope that works

Quote Originally Posted by slasorv View Post
    I filled out the contact form and sent an email. Hope that works
    That should work just fine

Tuner in Training
    Focus has been on getting Chrysler PCMs up to date (2015, or at least 2014) before we go back and finish up JTEC. But there will be write suppot at some point
    So..... now with 2015 released, that means JTEC is next right?????

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by joefus25 View Post
    So..... now with 2015 released, that means JTEC is next right?????
    X2!!

Potential Tuner
    Can't wait for the TCM update for NAG1

Quote Originally Posted by raisi View Post
    Can't wait for the TCM update for NAG1
    we have proven internally we can tune the EGS42/43 controllers, we are still planning how to deploy this within our software as it is a little more complex than our usual TCM support.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    we have proven internally we can tune the EGS42/43 controllers, we are still planning how to deploy this within our software as it is a little more complex than our usual TCM support.
    This would be amazing. Stock NAG1, and even the Mopar TCM, shift schedules are terrible for performance applications. How much different is the MOPAR TCM from the factory? It seems there is a little more aftermarket support for the MOPAR version.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Any desire to get dodge cummins support in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionalTA View Post
    Any desire to get dodge cummins support in the future?
    Desire, yes. ETA, none yet.

Tuner in Training
    Desire, yes. ETA, none yet.
    If you do look into this, can you please start with 03-05?

Potential Tuner
    Hello HP guys. I loaded the beta software and tried to read the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1 Hemi.

I’m not sure EGS53 or EGS53 should be selected so I tried both, I only have those choices for dodge. Also I did not try any Custom Key numbers.

I am able to scan the car and log, but don't see NGC3 listed in hardware after the gather button is pressed. What is missing?

RCTS

successfully read a 2007 mitsubishi raider today

Quote Originally Posted by GM COBALT SC SS View Post
    successfully read a 2007 mitsubishi raider today
    read as an NGC4?