Thread: P2138 code advise

P2138 code advise

Please advise, we have Chevy SSR 2005" fully stock , it gets p2138 code (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1-2 Correlation) , when code is deleted - the car run just fine, but when it lights - the car works in faulty mode and dont open throttle plate, but according to VCM scanner TCM sees normal indications from both Accelerator sensors (so it doesnt look like they are fault). If i delete the code - its runs just fine back again.

So the question is - if turn it off in the VCM editor in the rom - will it fix the problem? or its better to replace the sensors and see if the problem will be solved...?

please advise if i put in VCMeditor for any CEL code - option: 3 - No error report - i assume PCM will dont know if this error occur and wont work in failsafe state?

Tuner in Training
    I had issues with this on my 07 silverado and chased it for a long while. By the time I was done I had changed throttle body, accelerator pedal, and then rebuilt the wiring harness to the throttle body. This sensor is on a 5 volt refrence so the smallest amount of extra resistance will trip the codes.

Do you know if simply turn off this error in VCMeditor - will it be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by ll7modified View Post
    I had issues with this on my 07 silverado and chased it for a long while. By the time I was done I had changed throttle body, accelerator pedal, and then rebuilt the wiring harness to the throttle body. This sensor is on a 5 volt refrence so the smallest amount of extra resistance will trip the codes.
    Im working on an 08 Silverado with same issue. I replaced the throttle pedal assembly and started up, cleared codes and it was fine. Ran it for about 10-15 mins and no codes. Took it for a drive and the code came back. Any body have any luck fixing this issue?