Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LT1 24X 411 PCM conversion - all of us please step inside

Quote Originally Posted by drptop70ss View Post
    Hi, new to the site! Hope it is ok to post this question since I found this thread while searching for info for my issue.
    I have a LT1 383 with the 24x system and I am getting a P0332 knock sensor code. This is a bank 2 knock sensor code, and I understand the 24x is only supposed to use one knock sensor, so I have to assume this is a faulty code that was not taken out by the tuner ( I bought this already tuned and do not have the ability to change the tune yet). I figured I could install a resistor into the wire coming from the PCM tied to ground to simulate the 2nd knock sensor and keep the SES light from coming on. Does anyone know what the resistance is of the needed knock sensor and which wire to tie into on the PCM? I was told the PCM originally was from a 2001 z28.
    Thanks for any help!
    This is a wiring fault. or a bad knock sensor. The LT motors used 2 knock sensors but were both tied into the same wire and went to the same pin in the old controller. For the newer pcm, both knock sensors are supposed to get their own wire back to the pcm. If you have a code for knock sensor on b2 then you are wired wrong, your wire has chaffed and is touching ground or broken, or you have a failed knock sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Fast4.7 do you have GM PN for the sensors?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post
    Fast4.7 do you have GM PN for the sensors?
    With the 0411 I ran AC Delco AFS105 for primary sensors. For the current Blue/Green 1 Meg I am running the upstreams for a 2006 8.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks

Potential Tuner

Hard restart hot

Long cranking time on hot restart/starts fine cold. I have a 94 vette with the Torquhead conversion with a 2002 PCM. Engine was a 383 stroker prior to conversion with no starting issues. Car starts fine cold but, has extended cranking time to start after 5-60 min after hot shut down, seems like it is flooding. New fuel pressure reg, no leakage, new injectors, no leakage, fuel pressure rail pressure checks good with no bleed down. Putting the system in flood clear mode seems to help the hot restart issue. Any recomendations.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcook View Post
    Long cranking time on hot restart/starts fine cold. I have a 94 vette with the Torquhead conversion with a 2002 PCM. Engine was a 383 stroker prior to conversion with no starting issues. Car starts fine cold but, has extended cranking time to start after 5-60 min after hot shut down, seems like it is flooding. New fuel pressure reg, no leakage, new injectors, no leakage, fuel pressure rail pressure checks good with no bleed down. Putting the system in flood clear mode seems to help the hot restart issue. Any recomendations.
    There are tables to change for hot and cold starts. Im just not home at the moment to remember where they are.
    They are based off time iirc
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Advanced Tuner
    Cranking FA mutli..
    If you think your getting to much fuel lower the multiplier in the temp areas your having the problem.

Got a tune and/or a log? Cranking AFR?

Advanced Tuner
    Just adding to this subject. Anyone using the f body settings for knock and not ever logging knock do a few things
    1 sensor
    All DTC are on
    Under knock sensor the "vs rpm Vs cyl"
    Seemed to be most effective .
    Compared to l31 files (sbc w/0411) the ls1 table is triple that of the l31.
    I took that table down only 25% and started getting a few degrees but 1 or 2 is better than none. Could probably go further.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Cranking FA mutli..
    If you think your getting to much fuel lower the multiplier in the temp areas your having the problem.

Got a tune and/or a log? Cranking AFR?
    Sorry, for answering so late, have been working out of the country. Attached are the latest logs:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, for answering so late, have been working out of the country. Attached are the latest logs:
    Your tune is locked it cannot be opened

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, should be unlocked now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, should be unlocked now.
    No dice

Potential Tuner
    My E-Mail is [email protected]
    Can you send me your E-mail so I can try again and if it still does not want to unlock, I can send screen shots of the tables you may need to look at.

Mike