Thread: Boost control

Tuner

Boost control

In the wastegate Duty Cycle table, Why can you input a duty cycle value greater then 1? I was of the belief that 1.0 was targeting a completely closed wastegate?

1.1 is the max and there is nothing in it really from 1.0-1.1

Always try to never max a value out as good practice for headroom

If the actuator pre load is set well and good quality port job u can fly well in the mid of the scale

But as a bit of a contradiction ill bang in 1.0 early if thats how i want that particular agressiveness from the boost and feel from the car
    Last edited by JETURBO; 11-24-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner
    Exactly what I was thinking mate, just having a play with a a BA (gtx3582, cooler, exhaust, fuel system) it was previously tuned using sct in open loop, I'm trying to tune in closed loop and with a DC of 1 in the first 2 colums then tapering down from there it is still coming on fairly slow with 15psi at 3500rpm.. I'll have another look over it mechanically, make sure that's all good and post the tune up when I get home

Sounds like it could use some more pre load at an initial guess
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Peppy, my suggestion would be to log boost error and wastegate duty cycle....you need to anyway to dial in the feed fwd wastegate table. You will quickly see if you have a mechanical issue and won't have to get your fingers dirty.

Tuner
    I no longer have the car, ill get it back in the next couple of weeks, I have uploaded the file that I left it with and the sct file it came in with, as well as the last log I did. (constructive criticism welcome preferably by personal message),

I will have to use live link to log the boost error and duty cycle, ive played with a couple falcons so far and haven't had any issues using the scanner to log with. Im just not too familiar with live link yet, I guess I need to get used to it to do the job correctly.

what is the Max DC? this is set to 0, if I set it to 1 to would overboost no matter what I had in the wastegate DC table

03BaMan6t.0.8.hpt03BaMan6tSCT.hptlast.hpl