Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The TRUE and Proper way to enter Injector Data

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinls1 View Post
    If you have NN off tune the VE, but you will never get it 100% while the car has variable cam.
    Thanks. NN is off and VVT has been disabled.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammersrt View Post
    You need to get the tune close to being right before trying to have NN recalculated right? Thats what I hear........get it close to being right.........then pay HP Tuners to recalculate the NN.
    Pay them again for calculations or ?

Trying to learn. Doing lots of reading. First I heard of that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pector55 View Post
    This is a fantastic thread. I'm upgrading from the 5.7 injectors to the 6.4's. Originally I thought about the % difference method mentioned in this thread but I have the ability to look at the injector settings from a 6.4 stock tune. Would it be accurate to use the stock 6.4 tune data as a good starting point?

In the attachment I can see the tables to observe differences. My thought was to verify these using the math from this thread but I wanted to ask for opinions.Attachment 57831
    Im guessing you dialed in your injectors by now, I have a question I have swapped a 6.4 into my Ram from a 5.7 Im using the 6.4 truck intake along with the 6.4 injectors that came with it. Ive started with min pulse width of .386ms the 5.7 was at .408ms. It runs but trying to get it dialed in. Could you share the 6.4 injector data? Im dancing around with the VE trying to get part throttle dialed in. Thanks

There is one BIG PROBLEM, i have run into two times….

NEVER change the inj PW vs Fuel Mass over 10 ms !!!

I have done this to get smoother inj data for boost for 5.7 and a na 6.4.
    Result is a STOICH fuel mass in OPEN LOOP!!!

Anyone knows why ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by f.creek-ranch View Post
    Result is a STOICH fuel mass in OPEN LOOP!!!

Anyone knows why ?
    lets set the 'why' aside for a minute and discuss the "WHAT???"

maybe write it in German and let us translate it?

some of your post's make zero sense (to me) : )

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. I am a total newbie to this world of tuning. I purchased the HP tuners 3 unit along a cable to plug the device to wideband. I also bought 525cc injectors as I plan to migrating to e85. Does anyone know what size injectors are the OEM on a CHARGER RT 07 RWD ? Thank you.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lenzo View Post
    Hello everyone. I am a total newbie to this world of tuning. I purchased the HP tuners 3 unit along a cable to plug the device to wideband. I also bought 525cc injectors as I plan to migrating to e85. Does anyone know what size injectors are the OEM on a CHARGER RT 07 RWD ? Thank you.
    26 lbs/hr

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    lets set the 'why' aside for a minute and discuss the "WHAT???"

maybe write it in German and let us translate it?

some of your post's make zero sense (to me) : )
    it’s been a while since I have postet this and I forgot it.

My idea was to widen the range of the upper injector data to get more useful points to set.
    The lower PW or Fuel Mass from the original 5.7 table was not longer necessary, scanner has shown this.
    So I use more higher PW points, delete lower ones for this.
    The higher fuel consumption of supercharging causes even more fuel in closed loop.
    Maybe this time I would have better use VE, but have not.

So something from my settings has confused the ecm and I get into stoich (14.7) at WOT.
    So at this time I think it’s better to leave the stock settings and dial in the injector table in proven way.