Thread: srt ecu with 2.0 motor

Potential Tuner

srt ecu with 2.0 motor

I will be running my srt ecu with my built 2.0. I noticed that under engine>general>engine type, I noticed that I can change the size of the motor. What changes if i select the 2.0, or does the setting even work?

Advanced Tuner
    This is a good question. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer, either. I am suspecting that it won't automatically change anything with the cam/crank synchronization differences between the 2 of them, but that it will more likely just change the information that the PCM stores for the type of engine it is controlling (think of a Vehicle Inspection Report from an emissions test, and how it shows all the data that it retrieves from the OBD system and displays the size of the motor and other such things).

I could be wrong about that, and would like to be wrong, actually. It would be great if that was all you had to do to run a different engine on a given ECU. But I would think that in order for it to properly work, you might need to actually pull a calibration from a Neon SXT or something of the sorts and see if it works in the SRT ECU.

Note that flashing different OS's across different ECUs is NOT recommended by HP Tuners as it could potentially lead to a bricked ECU.

Potential Tuner
    i wasn't planning on changing it unless I could get more information about it.