Thread: License, credtis and other confusion

Tuner in Training

License, credtis and other confusion

I'm a little unclear on how credits are used.

The impression I've received (after already purchasing the VCM suite, though I've not yet activated it) is that every time I modify the tune and flash the vehicle, it takes a credit. (This is for an 06 Solstice 2.4, to which I've just added a turbo.)

Is it really true that each and every tune change I make - specifically, I'm tweaking injector parameters - takes a credit? That seems a little excessive considering the suite was $500.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, you license your pcm once(2 credits), thats all.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No, you license your pcm once(2 credits), thats all.
    I finally got My new HP Pro up and going but it wont allow me to save the changes I make with the new unit? I spent my credits for my TA on the older none PRO unit. What am I missing? thanks

Tuner in Training
    Since there are NO vehicles (that I can find) that need only 1 credit, someone should be severely reprimanded for choosing that licensing scheme. OK, not really. But having all vehicles except the Viper 8.4 at 1 credit sure would have avoided a lot of customer confusion.

In fact, why credits? They're all 2 credits with few exceptions. It'd likely have been -way- simpler to just limit the vehicle count instead of a credit system.

Flexibility is a developer-facing feature. Customers buy in spite of them, not because of them. FWIW, I once removed all licensing from an almost-end-of-life product and sales went up just because the number of people that fought with the licensing system were apparently more populous than pirates. That wouldn't be true in your case, I'm confident. But the point is still illustrative.

PS: Love everything else about the product except the licensing. And you're using my licensing system right now and don't even know it! :-) Well, unless you're on a Mac or Linux...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    vcm enhancements used to be 1 credit, we no longer charge for them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"