Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with FG Tune wastegate error

Advanced Tuner
    ive emailed, sent screen dumps done this posted in threads and done that.. no difference.. 3 years later and this wrong shit is still the wrong shit.. email bill he just copy and pastes his usual reply "ill pass it on" then email chris he dosent write back, so i just give up, whats the point in trying to help when it gets ignored..

honestly it is a joke.. charging good money for credits on OS's that they know are wrong and yet continue to charge for them is bordering on theft..

i make changes in SCT then suck out the tune with HPT and the tables that you have changed in SCT have no changed in HPT,

its a joke and im over wasting my time and money on shit that just does not work

Tuner
    I understand the add "to do" List, But you have to remember this isnt beta anymore .

Ford support was in beta since 2008. All the issues are stil in the Stable public version. For years i have contacted support about for but the reply is normally "All tables are fine".

Eric has certainly made a remarkable change to the support for the fords, But i can see dales point and have been frustrated for years that you are paying good money for a half ass product that should not have left beta.

But there has been many ghost tables that for along time I could even zero a maf failed table table completely and make zero difference.

Advanced Tuner
    FG was released late 08.. .so that's 6 years and still the same issues.. still being told the same rubbish..

oh but look we have 6 speed support!! yey!!! who cares you still cant map the engine correctly which should have been the 1st things to get fixed not a bloody transmission that hardly needs touching to begin with and most people will destroy them as soon as they touch them anyway!

Tuner
    I think Australian Ford Market has always been a byproduct of the usa with hacked close enough is good enough plus not enough squeaky wheels to complain rather bend and fudge figures to seek result then report and get the problems sorted So we get swept under the carpet.

The Usa ford would be probably more sucessful as they run Mafs and you can bend the shit out of the signal to get it close.

The Speed density isnt as simple. From observations cant workout why ford would modify a Maf based Strategy to run speed density solely for our market. But alot more needs to be done to dial it in.

Well what issues are u having exactly ?

The last fg i tuned was off 2.24 and i had a string of successes from

Closed loop 14psi 290rwkw xr

To

Open loop 18psi 390rwkw xr with GTX 3582

and everything inbetween, you must pin point what ur having issues with if i can say what i may of done for the result but as i said 2.24 ( can't remember the beta ) tho
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    Well what issues are u having exactly ?

The last fg i tuned was off 2.24 and i had a string of successes from

Closed loop 14psi 290rwkw xr

To

Open loop 18psi 390rwkw xr with GTX 3582

and everything inbetween, you must pin point what ur having issues with if i can say what i may of done for the result but as i said 2.24 ( can't remember the beta ) tho
    ive done 480rwkw FG's with it as well.. making power on the dyno is not a problem,

in this def the boost tables were incorrect, as in the desired boost table didnt work, then disable everything for open loop then only the underboost duty cycle table worked.. then the torque table is incorrect then a few of the torque management tables incorrect etc.. still made 315rwkw with both sct and HPT.. but it drove 40 times better with SCT tune, it changed gears correctly, it controlled boost correctly etc.

if you have never compared the same car on the same day with both tunes you would never know there is problems.. yep you can do dodgy work arounds on HPT to get it right but its not the right way to do it..

Unfortunately u can only piss with the dick you got

I got track data off the 290rwkw xr of 12.2@115mph with a lazy 2.2 60ft ( done a best of 1.8 60ft so i know boost off the line was working ) but the other cars have not been to the track as of yet

I can fully understand your frustration dale but as iam saying all mine played the game and have never had the chance to "compare the pair" with SCT VS HPT.

If u have the time log the issues here with files/logs and we will push the point with eric to make it a better end product for all

Sound fair ?
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Advanced Tuner
    i think your missing the point, it has been pushed for years, only to be fed shit and we are fed up

i have sent files, sent screen dumps, posted here and it has changed NOTHING

Advanced Tuner
    We just have to grovel to the Gods and be gratefull for the crumbs we have. Hp Tuners is the only product we can use. If you have access to a better product then consider yourself lucky. Us poor soles have to work with what we have.

I'd just go electronic boost controller.

Ok dale how bout this, do it one last time, do it in this thread and us plebs will push the point for the greater good of everyone as i also dont want to be left with my thumb up my arse IF i choose to tune a fg again

You have to understand there are very persuasive individuals on here and have made the 2.25 platform as good or now bad as it is

I pushed for the hardcoded hi slope to be lifted on s/c 5.0 and 45 and luke got the zf stuff across the line

If the buck stops with us smashing their inbox full of requests so be it

If u want, mention the files/tables SCT has vs HPT in regards to boost and we will also push for that to be included ....

Not many have both platforms so if you or someone wants to make the effort it would be helpful to everyone

Advanced Tuner
    Mario and Eric both have SCT they have all they need to work it out.

You clearly know it's vastly easier to rectify an issue if its pin pointed

Would u like me to pay you a few hrs rate to do this ?

If you know what the issues are and the difference between the two platforms why the drama ?

You only have to post it here .....

Tuner
    Check back Pre your registration Feb 2013 threads there is a just small number of issues others are not as that would be a breach of the Beta agreement.

I would assume due to low market volume that HP don't invest as much development time for aus Vehicles as they do with the USA market, hence the slow trickle of development in ford support. I would bet the mustang definitions would be pretty comprehensive although I have never checked.
    With the falcon exit I wouldn't expect that there will be a step change in their development pace for aus vehicles or if it even stalls. (Hows the PID logging development going?)

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IXR08 View Post
    I would assume due to low market volume that HP don't invest as much development time for aus Vehicles as they do with the USA market, hence the slow trickle of development in ford support. I would bet the mustang definitions would be pretty comprehensive although I have never checked.
    With the falcon exit I wouldn't expect that there will be a step change in their development pace for aus vehicles or if it even stalls. (Hows the PID logging development going?)
    Yep,

But he still pay same money as Usa Actually more with exchange rate. If there definitions were accurate and complete they would have good market share.
    As Sct charging $500 cost for a box so you can tune plus the inflated cost of the software in Australia So Hpt has a market that would use product much more if it was done properly.

There is no use pushing a product that is biggest and greatest when you cant back it up, God help us with chrysler dodge when it arrives in 2010..... Oh hang its 2015 now and still waiting for aussie support. But one thing is GM strategy is the best of the bunch so it would be good if they could get ford etc to that level to back up the marketing hype

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by STATESMAN View Post
    But one thing is GM strategy is the best of the bunch so it would be good if they could get ford etc to that level to back up the marketing hype
    this 100%

GM is the best bar none, the COS for Gen 4 is miles ahead of everything else on the market,

if they got the ford to where it was promised it was going to be then all good they would have a huge share of the market just due to cost alone

im scared at what dodge is going to be like, already owning 2 options for them and using them daily its going to be a eye opener if it ever happens..