Thread: 1999 cobra way too much spark

1999 cobra way too much spark

I am hoping someone else here has ran into this. I have a 1999 cobra n/a. Just an exhaust and cai on it. I was tuning it with hpt and took it out for a drive and wot pull. I noticed that even though the log claims I am using the borderline table, it is throwing way more spark into the engine than I want.

I believe that I started with some reasonable values even though it doesnt seem to cooperate. I even tried turning down the mbt table a lot. Still it wants to run 35+ degrees when I am commanding 25. I have attached a lot and the tune. I am using hpt v5.0.4. wot 1.hpl 1999 cobra maf changes.hpt

Senior Tuner
    You need to log Load, the y-axis of the borderline knock table. TPS would be nice, too.

Sorry the logging on the vcm scanner doesnt want to log too much with these cars. I am trying see if I can zip this log to post it or if I have to cut it down. Its over the allowed limit.

Senior Tuner
    Go to Log File>Export Log File. Use 'Data Range - Visible Range' and 'Output Format - HP Tuners' to reduce the file size.

The log file is from a sct handheld not hpt. My one friend suggested that I should set my base spark to my borderline. I took it out and got another sct log. Gonna go through to see if that worked.