Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PCM Identification Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    I sent support a ticket but that I thought I would ask here. 2008 F150 w/ a 5.4

Which PCM ID? I thought someone on here might know. Thanks.
    Green Oak 1536K

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Green Oak 1536K

Russ Kemp
    Russ,
    Thank you very much for the reply. Support was unable to help and my next option was to flash it back to stock(has a factory Roushcharger on it)and start over. Your info is what I needed. Thanks again. Saved me a A LOT of time.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuned Performance View Post
    Trying to read a BA XR6t won't recognise controller and none of the ones I've tried are working. Either I get a checksum error, can't save the file on completion or it encounters an error during reading. Using the new software.
    Should be Black Oak, be careful though I just had an BA XR8 read, mod, and erase to 95% on the re write and that's all it an do. No starting now. Stuck on my dyno.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hrt042 View Post
    Should be Black Oak, be careful though I just had an BA XR8 read, mod, and erase to 95% on the re write and that's all it an do. No starting now. Stuck on my dyno.
    i was able to read the tune and save it but got a checksum error when I went to save the modified tune. I'm going to have to flash it back to stock and start over.

Potential Tuner
    Ford racing crate motor NO VIN on HPtuners 3.2 OS What Hardware should be selected?

There are a few different kinds. Up to 15 Coyote is Copperhead, Ecoboost is TC-1797 and 15+ Coyote is TC-1791.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    With all the new Ford updates as of late, a lot of people are confused as to which PCM type to select in order to read their PCM. Hopefully this will help.

For 2011-2014 V8 Mustangs and F150s, use Copperhead

For 2011-2014 V6 Mustangs and F150s, use ESYS

For 2015 V8 Mustangs and F150s, use TC-1791

For 2011-2014 Ecoboost F150, and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang, use TC-1797*

*TC-1797 does not actually read the tune in the vehicle. When you try reading these vehicles, it will generate a stock file for you to start tuning.
    Have to ask y you guys don't add the description to the read program as to what each ECM will read? But anyways I have a 2009 f350 with the v10 gas engine and have tried all listed above with a checksum error after most of the reads not use to selecting the ECM type 2.24 always did the work. So my question is witch one most I select have emailed hptuners with an info log but still no replie plz help

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Have to ask y you guys don't add the description to the read program as to what each ECM will read? But anyways I have a 2009 f350 with the v10 gas engine and have tried all listed above with a checksum error after most of the reads not use to selecting the ECM type 2.24 always did the work. So my question is witch one most I select have emailed hptuners with an info log but still no replie plz help
    PCMs are used in so many different applications, so that makes your suggestion hard to implement. The software doesn't ask you what the PCM type is if it is a OS that we already support. If you selected something, it read out and you got a checksum error, that means that either it is a non-stock file (already tuned) or it is a definition we haven't added support for yet. Email that .hpt file in, and we will get it added.

Regards,
    Eric
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    PCMs are used in so many different applications, so that makes your suggestion hard to implement. The software doesn't ask you what the PCM type is if it is a OS that we already support. If you selected something, it read out and you got a checksum error, that means that either it is a non-stock file (already tuned) or it is a definition we haven't added support for yet. Email that .hpt file in, and we will get it added.

Regards,
    Eric
    It reads out with four or five different hardware selections witch file you want green oak silver oak that's my question

Tuner in Training
    It reads out with four or five different hardware selections witch file you want green oak silver oak that's my question
    I have sent in four different read files to hptuners not sure if there read with the proper hardware but sent all four reads there All different hardware selections and in a bit I'm going to go try the other hardware selection such as the one that says its for the f150 never tried any of them

I have sent in four different read files to hptuners not sure if there read with the proper hardware but sent all four reads there All different hardware selections and in a bit I'm going to go try the other hardware selection such as the one that says its for the f150 never tried any of them
    What is the OSID?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    What is the OSID?
    Not sure I have emailed hptuners an info log and the four files I pulled my email is [email protected] were do I get the osid as the computer has no sticker anymore? Would prefer to talk threw email so we're not putting useless info on the form. Thx tyson

Potential Tuner
    both of the 2014 flex and 2015 taurus not support ??
    Any Update for those cars ??

2015 Taurus.png flex2014.png

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid Almuneef View Post
    both of the 2014 flex and 2015 taurus not support ??
    Any Update for those cars ??

2015 Taurus.png flex2014.png
    Those are the ESYS type. You will need to read it out and send into support to be added.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    I am trying to read a 2003 Harley Davidson edition F150, every time i get this? no options under either menu to select...Capture.PNG
    Last edited by BBM; 02-08-2017 at 04:08 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBM View Post
    I am trying to read a 2003 Harley Davidson edition F150, every time i get this? no options under either menu to select...Capture.PNG
    Not a supported vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Gf just got a 2014 Ford Edge. Is that supported? Non eco boost.

Guess it's about time I play around with Ford's way of doing things if so
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

ESYS it was.. in case anyone is reading in the future

Potential Tuner
    2012 F-150 5.0 I've tried every one and all of them are failing.

Copperhead