Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hemi Tuning

Potential Tuner
    Any news on our Hemi tuning?????

Potential Tuner
    I hope HPtuners can do something because I really like the new challenger but I couldnt buy it if you cant tweak it...
    05 Yellowjacket GTO M6
    too many mods
    big cam untuned

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1 Pontiac GTO
    Any ETA on support for the SRT-8's 6.1 Hemi?
    Sometime after we publicly release Ford.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Any chance for cummins tuning this year?

Tuner
    *bump*

I know... its like beating a dead horse...

but its not... we just want to wake up the ones that are sleeping in our HEMI's!!!

(yea, bad joke, but more info is good. no info is bad. even if the info is bad, its better than no info)
    2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Blue

What we do in life, Echos in eternity

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    no new info in the last week.

Potential Tuner
    OK...it's almost the middle of July. ANY word, idea, hint, or inside information on when our tune might be coming???????

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Moves II
    OK...it's almost the middle of July. ANY word, idea, hint, or inside information on when our tune might be coming???????
    Sometime after we publicly release Ford.

Potential Tuner
    And when might that be?????

Tuner
    Hey guys...

The custom tuning software is starting to come from all angles, with DiabloSport getting ready to release a handheld, along with a custom tuning package for the HEMI's...

There is QUITE an interest in it...
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=72459

I would love to see competition, especially since HPTuners appears to be a much more... user friendly interface...
    2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Blue

What we do in life, Echos in eternity

Potential Tuner
    Well, seems like Diablo Sport is about to flood the market with their tuners. It seems like they're going to offer a pretty good product if you read the LX post that was found in the previous post. Currently I have the Superchips tuner. Nice but not enough bang for the buck. I know there's more power in my car especially with the mods I've done so far. If so many people are about to buy from Diablo Sport, don't you think that will put a big dent in your market?? With everyone spending close to $400.00 for these handheld tuners, I'm not sure if I want to spend another $400.00 to buy your tuning. Plus, all of us will most likely get stuck with these handheld devices because we're still waiting for you to release your "Ford" products. This is all getting pretty frustrating!! Seems like we Mopar owners are always the last to get what we want and need. This whole "wait" thing is just getting pretty old. We've been waiting how long now??? These cars came out in 2005. 2008 is just around the corner.

Tuner in Training
    This is nothing new. SCT and Diablo have been promising DCX stuff for 3 years. It is coming soon. SCT has gotten some good dodge guys behind them. DCX has shut one operation down before they could publically release it. (Anyone remember that?)

We are all treading on thin ice when we are using flash technology that someone (non-oem) has patented.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Moves II
    Well, seems like Diablo Sport is about to flood the market with their tuners. It seems like they're going to offer a pretty good product if you read the LX post that was found in the previous post. Currently I have the Superchips tuner. Nice but not enough bang for the buck. I know there's more power in my car especially with the mods I've done so far. If so many people are about to buy from Diablo Sport, don't you think that will put a big dent in your market?? With everyone spending close to $400.00 for these handheld tuners, I'm not sure if I want to spend another $400.00 to buy your tuning. Plus, all of us will most likely get stuck with these handheld devices because we're still waiting for you to release your "Ford" products. This is all getting pretty frustrating!! Seems like we Mopar owners are always the last to get what we want and need. This whole "wait" thing is just getting pretty old. We've been waiting how long now??? These cars came out in 2005. 2008 is just around the corner.
    I've seen the dealer tuning software that Diablo offers for Ford and GM, the tuning data is there, but it's all numerical as far as I can tell. In other words, I don't believe that Diablo has any graphical representation of the maps, 2d or 3d. I've read most of the posts on the lx forums, the person who's pushing the development I believe is Mike Westley, who, from my understanding, is the grandfather of Ford tuning, pretty much the person who started it all with the Autologic stuff back in the 90's. Not being much of a Ford expert, I'm sure someone could chime in here. But it looks like they are doing some major work with the NGC DCX stuff.

I have the SCT software for the Vipers and Viper trucks(just got it monday), and also the Ford line. It seems to me that SCT has very good coverage for Ford vehicles, and, at least for Ford, they give you a lot of parameters to adjust. They also have decent graphical mapping, although I don't think anyone comes close to the way HP Tuners integrates their logging and tuning software.

Fords are somewhat easy to tune if you ask me. Compared to GM and DCX, the 3D tables are small, and all fueling is based off of the MAF. I've had very good results tuning with the SCT software. With the current availability of Ford tuning software I think it would have made more sense for HP to come out with their DCX software before Diablo and SCT, because for tuning, all domestic DCX vehicles use speed density, and the histogram capability of the HP software would be invaluable for these vehicles. Sorry if I sound pompus, but I don't believe there are many, if anyone, who have tuned more Viper and Viper truck ecu's than me. I use a "european" type ecu editing software that works with an emulator, so, I tune on the dyno with a spare ecu that's had the eprom(s) removed and the emulator in it's place. Without this, it would be painfull for me to make big mapping changes on these cars, unless I had some way to overlay fuel trims or a/f error with the mapping, like you can do with HP Tuners. So, HP Tuners, please work on the DCX software, especially for the NGC vehicles .

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Potential Tuner
    The Hemi LX platform is desperate for a real, serious tuning solution along the lines of what you have for other platforms. Not a handheld but PC-based full tuning software. Well OK a handheld would be a great product but there really is a gaping hole in the market despite what Diablo has just released.

If you want to test something on a couple of the most high-profile LX cars in circulation in the U.S., there are two stroker builds going on now in an HPTuners-licensed shop that are going to wind up being halfway, half-a$$ed-tuned as a result of the current state of the market. I'd love to see you steal that free publicity. PM or email me for details.

Tuner in Training
    We'll sct's stuff was written by former Chrylser engineers. Look at the first people who started selling the sct handhelds and the only co. to offer an prepackaged aftermarket flash for a couple of years.

There was a software package that was awesome and affordable but a major corporation decided to end that quickly.

Mike Wesley will have something to compete with sct shortly.(next week possibly)

Tuner in Training
    Sooooooooo let's bring back up a 5 year old post..... I bought a 2007 SRT8 Jeep that came with the hand held tuner. I can't do shot with it as far as ""custom"" tuning it. Only a ""approved dealers"" have the software. So if I wanna make changes small or large I have to keep paying.

I have HPtuners for my 2004 GTO and I can change anything I want.

What is the status after 5 years? TCM tuning been thought of.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO View Post
    Sooooooooo let's bring back up a 5 year old post..... I bought a 2007 SRT8 Jeep that came with the hand held tuner. I can't do shot with it as far as ""custom"" tuning it. Only a ""approved dealers"" have the software. So if I wanna make changes small or large I have to keep paying.

I have HPtuners for my 2004 GTO and I can change anything I want.

What is the status after 5 years? TCM tuning been thought of.
    Pretty sure these are NGC4 pcm's, NGC3 is slated first, then Jtec then NGC4 so it'll be a while before we offer NGC4 support.