Thread: Help removing toque restrictions

Help removing toque restrictions

New to tuning, but I learn fast. I'm tuning a 2009 Chevy Malibu 3.6L (LY7 engine, 6T70 trans) and I had heard from multiple sources that the engine torque is managed in the lower gears for no reason other than reigning in the car for typical drivers. It may seem counter-intuitive to tune a FWD sedan, but the car is paid off, I've owned it since new, and I'd lose my ass on any kind of trade-in.

I couldn't find anything in the torque management sections of the engine or transmission that was gear-specific, but I did find a chart under Fuel>Cutoff/DFCO listed under Misc called Commanded Torque that seemed like it might be what I'm looking for. One of the biggest hiccups in learning the interface has been trying to read through seemingly arbitrary number values in some of the tables.

Can someone explain to me what these values mean in the RPM Limit Torque table and give me a helping hand toward removing or decreasing the torque limitations?

2017 Chevy SS 6.2L/6M

Well here's my stock tune. If someone could point out where torque is being restricted needlessly (low risk to transmission) it would be awesome.

I've been researching non stop, and all I've found is that Tip-In Limiting >> ETC Limit can be disabled with no ill effects, and Trans Input Max/Trans Output Max should be maxed out to 6042.

I also read Shift Time >> Desired Output Torque Factor should be zeroed out because it's just there for comfort, but I don't know where it should be zeroed out because there are tables for the shifts themselves, and then tables for torque multipliers after every shift.

2009_Chevy_Malibu_LY7_Stock.hpt
    2017 Chevy SS 6.2L/6M