Thread: Scanner will not work on my labtob but works on my desktop

Scanner will not work on my labtob but works on my desktop

Self inflicted:

On my Desk top the VCM Scanner under the histogram works fine when you click 1, 2, 3, 4, up to 9

on the my Labtop only 1 and 2 works on the histogram

when you click on say histogram 3 the message lists ( This histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters,

and when I go to add the parameters, the original parameters are not in the histogram configuration,

I went to the Row & Col Axis and on the drop down they are in my desktop but gone in my labtop,

Pretty sure this happened the first time I used it on my personal truck and was trying to save a log file,
    Now when you look at the file name for the scanner it reads what I thought I save the truck log as

so now when I open up the scanner it says VCM Scanner - config (default Imperial.cfg) - Chevy Silverado (V8)
    so when I was runner a scan and tried to save the scan it wiped out the histogram setup 3-9

I tried to remove the program from my labtop and re-load the software but the same scanner with all the saved files are still there,

worst case I will have to purchase another labtop but that seem extreme,

any help would be great,

Are there any custom PIDs in your config file?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

no I was using by desktop for bench tunes and then loaded the software on my labtop,

never did a scan before so I went to my factory work truck and went to record the log, but somehow changed and deleted all the histograms except for 1 and 2, and tried to remove the program but when I download it back into my labtop all the vcm scanner data is the same and all the old tunes from the editor are still in there,

labtop runs on vista

tried to remove the program from window tools and from the hp tuners disc, and when I load it back in all the data is still there with only 2 histograms

hope new laptop is not a option,

Come on HP tuners need to get this fixed,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    .hpl & .cfg files please.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Got it figured out, well it was time the old laptop was about 6 years old I think Vista based and some of the buttons did not work like the right click
    so I picked up a new laptop from best buy for pretty cheap just to run my automotive software and some cad software,

All seems to be working good now,

thanks everyone for the help,