Hey guys,
I am getting back into the tuning game and, let me tell you, oh how times have changed. My only tuning experience was with Electromotive, if there are any in here old enough to remember them from the mid-late 90's. Even into the 2000's, I assume. I had the TEC-2 and learned to tune the system myself. This was after a so-called local tuner, in Austin Tx, trashed the new cylinder walls on a fresh 422 smallblock that I had built for my Camaro.

Hell, I was cruising around with a 386 laptop on the front seat when everyone else was ordering chips from the likes of Superchips, TPIS, et al. In those days, logging was having a buddy drive the car while I rode shotgun and took very fast notes on a legal pad, kill the car, make the changes, write the updated tune and repeat! And my tables only had 64 cells!! How's that for resolution? 8 by 8, baby. LOL

On to the point of the post:
My daily driver now is a 2014 Challenger, 5.7, 6-spd car that's about to turn 77,000 miles. It's still stock, sadly, but that's going to change. Only mods are a K&N drop-in filter and Blastin' Bobs Resonator Deletes. I thought of taking the "easy" tune route and just ordering a Diablosport such-n-such. For $675! Then have a forum tuner write an even better tune. For another $250! Plus a new tune each time I make a change to the combination. Don't get me wrong.....I'm all about people making money, but I'm more about saving money. Know what I mean? I figured that I've been down this road once before, and figured it out, then I can do it again with this modern gadgetry that we're blessed with now. And, if I get stuck, then I don't have a problem paying someone more versed in HPT than I.
I received my MPVI-3 last Thursday and promptly came down with the flu over the weekend. While down'n'out, I bought my credits (WOOT, only 2 needed!) and linked everything up. I even took my HPT Emissions training, for S&G.. I connected up and did a cold start/idle for about 8 minutes, just wanting to do a simple log to watch what's happening. Same as I remember, pretty much KPa moves a little with RPM, O2 voltages cycle constantly (once in closed loop), etc.

I've been watching some Youtube videos and read a lot in this very forum. My 56-yr old brain needs to come to terms with the parameters that Dodge uses, as well as their whole collective thought process of using Aircharge instead of kPa, etc. I understand they use Lambda, where I tuned for AFR's, and I understand how to get from AFR to Lambda. I also realize I should invest in the AEM Wideband before I tune try adjusting WOT fueling values....which may not even be needed. By using this forum to discover how Dodge handles FE at WOT, the commanded AFR calculated to 11.5:1 Holy Schnikee's, Batman, that's FAT!! But I hear that Hemi's like a fat WOT. Did Dodge do that to save engines, in exchange for good HP?

They have Stoich programmed at .0688. Divided by one, that's a 14.5:1 Stoich value. Why not 14.7, for pump gas? Are they factoring in the Ethanol BS that ends up in pump gas? A AFR of 14.7:1 would be a Lambda of .0680

My short-term goals are to just spice up the factory tune by adjusting timing in the Part Throttle table first, then move on to WOT timing. I will definitely be logging and studying those to make sure that I'm not picking up detonation anywhere. Drivability is my main concern, with extra WOT HP as an extra. I usually don't beat on it too hard.

In the very near future, I'll be putting the entire exhaust from an SRT8 (same year as mine) which I've had for 7+ years. From factory shorty headers to tips. Well, the resonators are gone because I'll be putting Blastin' Bobs Resonator Deletes on the new 2.75 exhaust system, too. I'm sure that will free up a few horsepower from better scavenging of the cylinders. And besides, the system was free and those cats only have <5K miles on them as they sit. What held me back was the possibility of needing a new tune. I think that box is checked off now. Just need gaskets and a stud kit for a 6.4. And a UHaul truck full of patience.

Here's a couple of questions
Do you guys think the NN will take care of the extra flow provided by the larger exhaust? I guess the only way to know will be to log the piss out of it beforehand, and then after, and see what changes showed up in the logs. I don't plan on dyno'ing the car just yet. That will come once I dig into the engine (cam, etc) Once that bridge is crossed I hear it's better to disable NN and tune VE tables.

Sorry to ramble on. I'm just excited to get into this new system and see what I can do.

Take care,
Ronbo